Need better gear? Earn gems for simulating games

Thanks nick it worked very well

7 Likes

How can I end the simulation ?
When i simply close tab and later my browser ( Google Chrome,64 bit, OS X Yosemite ) this cause Google Chrome to crash.

7 Likes

That’s strange, I don’t know why it should crash. Closing the tab should be fine. It crashes all of Google Chrome, later, from having closed the simulation tab earlier?

8 Likes

That’ll be tough to prove.

6 Likes

It’s OK now. I don’t play World of Tanks and CodeCombat (simulation ) at the same time. :smile:

6 Likes

Next update ?

6 Likes

when you get to 5636 simulations should get you one more gem. :smile:

Sorry, My eyes skipped the “games simulated 15861”

nick mentioned somewhere you need to do certain things to cause it to update. Such as repeatedly clicking on the sound control (there are other things that happen as you play normally, but clicking multiple times on the speaker button in the corner of the codecombat area (dungeon/desert/etc) screen is easily controlable by you (does it for me)) (need to refresh the page to get the gem total to show the update, (or change to different area))

6 Likes

Clicking 6 times on the sound control updated my gems !
THX.

6 Likes

But that’s so hard to do!

6 Likes

such a perfect idea. nice work, Nick!

6 Likes

That’s awesome! I love the concept :smiley:

6 Likes

Where did all my simulations go?
I was wondering why my simulation gems hadn’t proc’d yet, and checked my count of simulated games. It says I have 10,000. That’s about 30,000 shy of what it should be.

7 Likes

@Inrideo Did you simulate 30,000 of those games last week? I might have lost that when we had to restore a handful of User objects from a backup. I’ve added 30K simulated games back to your total now.

6 Likes

Yep, that would explain it. It was the day I posted about simulating on all cores. Thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Got the achievement for them :smiley: Didn’t get the coins. :scream:
C’est la vie :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You will get the gems and exp for it updated one in every 10 times your User object is saved, so play some levels (or just twiddle your volume setting a bunch of times) to get it to recalculate your simulation gems.

5 Likes

Ah, there we go. I’d clicked and clicked earlier before posting, but it required a new login session :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So @nick, is the next step of this process us tapping into a server farm, and running Code Combat on a massive RAID array, with thousands of cores, just for gem farming? :wink:

BitCombat

6 Likes

Hey, sounds good to me!

10 Likes

agreed my good sir!

(twenty post thingy)

7 Likes