[Idea] Volcano World Name

I like Something Volcano names the best, since you can have a descriptive flavor name, yet it’s clear that it’s a volcano (which is what the campaign slug will be, like dungeon, forest, desert, mountain, glacier, volcano). Favorites so far:

• Scorchfire Volcano
  • Ashfall Volcano
  • Cinderstorm Volcano
  • Firefall Volcano
  • Emberstorm Volcano

Some of these would be good for level names inside the volcano world:

• Temple of Fire
  • Firethirst Plateau
  • Darksteel Forge
  • Obsidian Vault
  • Ashfall Deeps
  • Tecton Scar
  • Firemarrow
  • Firefall Scorch
  • Draud’s Keep
2 Likes

I’ll see what else I can come up with. Hey Nick, I would like to recommend something for a lvl. You can make a lvl w/a Dragon and make that be a mini-boss. It would be fun and cool. What do u think??

1 Like

It would be fun to make a dragon, except I think that with the current way we draw sprites, the performance would start to become terrible with an animated sprite that was very large and detailed like that. I’ll have to think of some other way to do it.

1 Like

Ohhhhhh… Thx 4 considering anyways!!! Btw, it doesn’t have 2 be 2 big. Just make it as big as it needs 2 be.

1 Like

Sintako falls

Oricanhuta rock

Blackrock seige

Kiconarima Volcano

Aaromarki dunes

1 Like

One suggestion for a hypothetical Volcano Level. Make a very difficult level in the Volcano world (like the ‘Lost Viking’ but more crazy). On completion and only on its completion…unveil a super powerful sword (or any other item) that will surely come in handy (but not necessary, or perhaps necessary only for Warrior category hero) later on. This is a special weapon forged in the heart of the volcano/ in the belly of the dragon sleeping (Volcano World Boss) inside the volcano. This also ties in with plans to unveil a better sword: Best Sword for Warrior

2 Likes

What’s AoE???

1 Like

(A)rea (o)f (E)ffect

1 Like

AOE (full form in above comment by @Yariel_Mercado_Then ) weapon ability is something like the ‘cleave’ attack in this game. Or a grenade/bomb in real life. It is not intended to a precision damage/effect (in case of spells, auras, etc) but limited to an ‘area’. A comprehensive definition can be found in this World of Warcraft game wiki page: http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Area_of_Effect

1 Like

Ohhhhhh… I see… I would like to ask the leaders of code a question. What r u looking 4 when u ask 4 a name 2 a volcanoe world???

1 Like

Well, there is a currently unnamed world which is about a volcano. Nick and Co could come up with something, but that needs time and creative energy which can be spent elsewhere (for example finishing the Glacier). A HipChat-User then brought up the idea to open a thread here on the discourse-forum about it.
One thing came to another and we now have 47 names (and an explanation about AoE) which are more or less volcano-related. At least 46 of these can obviously not be used as world-name, but still may make great level-names. So even though there are currently way to many names for a single world, there are never enough names for levels.

EDIT: Looking back that user were you.

1 Like

I know it was me. Is that bad?

Merged Post

Btw, which names are ideal 4 this world??? (In your and Nick’s opinion of course.). Oh, and I’m sorry 4 giving u so many names. I didn’t know… :frowning:

1 Like

It should be volcano-related, after all there is already a mountain area. But I don’t have the last word in that matter, that would be mainly Nick and Cat.

I didn’t say you gave to many names. The more names there are the higher the chance the perfect name is among them. You can also edit previous posts to add new names, this might reduce the amount of posts and make it easier to see which names are already given. It would be nice if you could for example collect all your proposed names in the first post.

1 Like

Yeah!!! I’ll see if I can do that.

1 Like

@nick
I think after the volcano there should be a storm world. But for names now:
Obsidi-glow Volcano
Emberdash Dome
Inferno Caverns
Jam Cake (Just kidding)
Inferno Dome
Firestorm Volcano

P.S Sorry about Necro posting, just really wanted to share ideas.

2 Likes

Hmmm… a storm world would not really make a lot of sense. Maybe an alien spaceship to destroy?

2 Likes

And it’s manned by Thoktar. Of course.

2 Likes

Good to have someone agree with me!

2 Likes

Although I feel that Kelvintaph Glacier is still an unfinished area,

What about Magmarock Spire ?

For a world name.

4 Likes

I agree @Harry_the_Wanderer and also to you @nopressure1q2w and @ARasberrypy-thon

1 Like