Feature Request: Data Export/Import Options

Good AI requires feedback, right now we can write AIs for multi-player that rely on what the other player is doing right at that moment, but what about all the other times, AI should be able to change itself over time to adapt to the changing conditions. I think that a way of exporting and importing data would go a long way to making CodeCombat an even better tool for practicing competitive AI strategies. I am a bit of a data geek, so I would love to be able to log a significant amount of the data that my scripts run and output, and send it to an email so I can do data analysis on it, maybe manipulate some variables and ultimately change how my character behaves in game.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris Bellis

Chris, do you have any interest in helping us hammer out or add the APIs you want? It’s not quite a top priority for us, so I don’t know when we will get to it ourselves, but it sure would be sweet.

Absolutely, my experience with Javascript is a bit lacking, but I have a good amount of experience with Java and C++ (my day job is C++). I have been trying to set up the development environment, but having trouble doing so.

Oh, let us know what problems you’re having with the dev environment setup so we can help you out. Depending on timezones, it can also be good to swing by our HipChat for this sort of thing, too.