Lava Lake Clash Bugs and Feedback

dang it nvm i figured it out i am so dumb

just 1 thing, how would you iddentify if you’re about to hit a wall. Position calculating?

Yes, your game field is limited, as 2d array and you shouldn’t step out of that. Or if you use the getLavaMap, just be sure you don’t step to first/last rows/columns.

but would u need to use the 2d array and precise calculating right?

This topic is discussion about bugs and feedback, if you need advice how to code, then use another topic please (or I just remove messages).

1 Like

You do not necessarily need the array to find out where the wall is, you just need to know the length and width of the arena (not including the walls) and make sure your snail does not go out of those boundaries.

2 Likes

I think that if a function like damageOn(x, y) is added, it would solve this problem well and will add additional utility. It will return 5 for your lava, 20 for enemy lava, 0 for empty space, and 9999 for wall or anything outside of the arena.

So, I noticed one bug:

When you click “Battle!” someone Red, it redirects you as if the opponent was blue.

1 Like

I noticed it too (20 chars)

Also, I think there still are some bugs with dash.
Check this match:

It shows an infinite loop, but before it’s detected Trickster76 is being much faster than normal I think.

1 Like

dash into a speed orb bug i think

1 Like

Today is 27th and I still didn’t get a message about this arena and video (however I’ve been in top for a few days already). Is this intended?
Also, I noticed an interesting thing:
When playing with the same code and the same opponent, different sides give different results. That shouldn’t be like that because the matches are mirrored I guess?
Example:

1 Like

Yep, this is a known bug. Sadly I can’t promise you when it would be fixed.

What’s the bug? Dash plus red orb and they both increase the speed.

Sorry, what the video do you mean?

Should be mirrored. Weird, need to check the player code.

Yeah, now I understand it, I just didn’t think about it. Sorry.

1 Like

When a person is in top in their age category, they should be getting a message from CodeCombat about a video for the arena (the video where you explain the strategy), so in case the person wins, the video is shown.

1 Like

That’s about the competition results, not about the ladder. The grand simulation will be after 1st January when the tournament closes – we take the code snapshot and run the Grande fight and the result is defined by the win/lose percent. The winners should be published at 10th January.

2 Likes

I mean the strategy video. The winner verification form.

1 Like