[Guide] Using the Boss Star

List of summonable units and methods

Boss Star 1

DESCRIPTION BS1: This token of leadership lets you summon and command soldiers as long as you have the gold.

COMMAND DESC: command allows you to call any of commandableMethods (move,attack,defend) on allied minions. You can command minions of types in commandableTypes: soldier,archer

NEW ACTIONS:
attack - attack an enemy
defend - defend position and attack enemies that came in range
move - move unit to position

NEW ATTRIBUTES:
none

NEW UNITS
soldier - basic melee unit

Boss Star 2

DESCRIPTION BS2: Summons and commands soldiers and archers.

COMMAND DESC: command allows you to call any of commandableMethods (move,attack,defend,buildXY) on allied minions. You can command minions of types in commandableTypes: soldier,archer,griffin-rider,peasant.

NEW ACTIONS:
none

NEW ATTRIBUTES:
none

NEW UNITS
archer - basic ranged unit (RNG:25)

Boss Star 3

DESCRIPTION BS3: Summons and commands soldiers, archers, griffin riders, and peasants.

COMMAND DESC: command allows you to call any of commandableMethods (move,attack,defend,cast,buildXY,shield) on allied minions. You can command minions of types in commandableTypes: soldier,archer,griffin-rider,peasant,paladin

NEW ACTIONS:
buildXY - , “fire-trap”, “decoy” and “palisade” can be built by peasants only

Example (Python):

self.command(peasant, 'buildXY', "fire-trap", 10, 10)
  • command with 5 arguments where 3rd is “structure_name”, 4th is pos.x and 5th is pos.y

NEW UNITS
griffin-rider - can fly, ranged attack (RNG:20)
peasant - can build things and collect coins

CAN COMMAND
paladin - she can heal allies and shield herself

NEW ATTRIBUTES:
paladin.canCast(“spell_name”) - check if spell is ready, paladins only

NEW ACTIONS:
shield - blocks 50% of incoming damage, paladins only
cast - cast “heal”,paladins only

Example (Python):

if healTarget and paladin.canCast("heal"):
    self.command(paladin, "cast", "heal", healTarget)
if paladin.health <= paladin.maxHealth/4:
    self.command(paladin, "shield")

cast - command with 4 arguments where 3rd is “spell_name” and 4th is ally object unit.

You can always command one level higher than you can summon. For example, with the Boss Star III, you can command paladins, but not summon them.

All Boss Stars give you a specific amount of income. The Boss Star I gives you one income every two seconds, the II one every second, and the III two every second.

17 Likes

Hey Hakelos.

If you want to I can Sticky this post (like the item reference). Can you put out the sentences where you state your opinion? If you have any question feel free to jump into the HipChat or send me/Nick/Cat/… a PM.

Send me also a PM as soon as you’re done, I make it sticky then.

5 Likes

This topic is now pinned globally. It will appear at the top of its category and all topic lists until it is unpinned by staff for everyone, or by individual users for themselves.

To dismiss this topic simply click the little Pin next to the title.

7 Likes

How do you get Boss Star

4 Likes

Earliest Boss-Star is in the Mountains. See When do I get which item for more information.

5 Likes

uh so what can you do with peasant
it cost like 50 gold and they have 6 health
and they dont even attack

6 Likes

They can build stuff.

5 Likes

…but most important: they can collect gold (unlike soldiers, archers, etc)

7 Likes

The boss star is one of my favourite items. Now I have all four! (Complete Kelvintaph Defiler for the fourth one. :relaxed:)

3 Likes

What’s the info for the fourth boss star?

3 Likes

Summon paladin. Paladins have 600 health and they can heal and sheild. Start with 80 gold 4 per sec and pals cost 80 gold

3 Likes

actually paladins cost 100

No, paladins cost 80, artilleries cost 100.

oh. Then what are artilleries?

Artilleries are artilleries, but if I had to describe it, it’s a cannon that shoots shells.

ok then.

What about Boss Star V (5)? What does that do?

It gives the ability to summon artilleries, and has a higher starting gold and level of gold production. (I know this from when Nick used it in duelling grounds and the thang sheet.)
Btw I do not have boss star V, neither is it available to the general user (subscribed or not).
:lion: :lion: :lion:

Then why do you use the boss star V in Zero Sum?

Because that’s set equipment for the ladder level.

how do you get boss star V