My students are equipping any item they want

Also, I’ve recently found out that you can’t equip the restricted items.

and then nothing.

That might be true in some learning communities, but not ours. They don’t abuse it because they take full responsibility for their learning and know when I interview them for their certificates they will have to demonstrate they know everything. In fact, they brought it up to me. Amazing what people do when they are put in charge of their own learning.

hmm … you know, I agree with you. Inspect is very useful, and I do want my students to use it.

Actually, there are lot of levels of codecombat in which extra gear helps, but there are a lot in which gear doesn’t matter at all. Maybe this form of cheating is just another type of learning. Who knows?

recently I found out that non-subscribers and guest users could also use the same trick to unlock pets.

The few levels I agree you with in is that in a mountain level you have to defeat skeletons (which has 300 health each) and so you need to get new equipments to beat that level. Also for Summit’s gate you need a lot of health to destroy the ogres and the beam towers with 3000 health each.

Hello everyone,

I’m new to CodeCombat, I have been looking into learning how to code for some time and was suggested to try out a kid’s game in order to learn the basic concepts and all.

So, I would have to agree with the idea that this should be corrected in order to prevent the player from getting any item. But, to be honest, I would be pretty proud of students who have found and are using this “bug”. The point of CodeCombat is to learn to code. Although they probably found this on the web somewhere, they did learn it. And they are now using what they have learned.

Anyway’s, thumbs up to all you teacher’s out there. Thanks to all of you, people like me learn alot of valuable lessons

I’m only hoping that they do not find out how to finish a level without coding on the expected area.

I’m not so sure if they learn how to code with this. Some people will read this, use this trick, and have absolutely no idea on the “extra” part of code.

@Mr-Borges
The last time I checked, non-subscribers cannot shoot fireballs, and you need a sulpher staff in order to do it.

You are right. I am a lifetime subscriber who already has most of the gear. :wink: To really test if this was giving an item I wanted to test it with an item that can do something that I didn’t already have. There weren’t that many options.

My non-subscriber students won’t be able to shoot fireballs on their warriors, but there were wearing armor, helmets, shields and swords that they couldn’t afford.

It is a effect way that your student can create an individual account .

That would mean that the student has 2 accounts. I don’t get how it’s effective.

Also remembered that I was able to afford the sword of forgotten and the enameled dragonplate before I finished the forest level.