The interactive new user tutorial?

hello,

on the badges page, it says that there is a badge named certified, its description says that you should take “the interactive new user tutorial”, does anyone know where is it???

What Is The Advanced User Tutorial?

Even I’m not sure. Can a leader help us out?

Bryukh is really busy and it’s best not to bother him with issues like this. I believe @Maka would be the one you want to ask about this. There’s also another one called “licensed” that supposedly has a tutorial video as well.

@Chaboi_3000, it looks like you’ve done them before. Can you tell us where the tutorial videos are?

Settings and go to video guide.

@Chaboi_3000

I’m still not finding them. Can you post a link, please? Thanks.

Hi,
@MunkeyShynes is right – always call me instead of any of our other employees.

As for “the interactive new user tutorial” … I don’t know what that is! :slight_smile: Where did you see that @kyay10? Can you give me a URL? Same for “licensed” - where are these?

As for videos in general, we used to create videos for every level, but they often took longer to create than the levels themselves, and updating them every time we made a tiny change to a level meant we had to reshoot the video. We changed to the HINTS system instead (the blue HINTS button at the top right of every level). It’s much easier to update and can be updated by more people.

We haven’t eliminated the videos - there are still ways to get to them – but a large amount of them are no longer accurate, so we don’t recommend them and we’ve made it harder to get to them.

I’m in the middle of updating the forum FAQ to reflect this, but there are always more important things to work on.

If you’re stuck, you should

1. Read the comments in the default code. We put these in to help you. It stuns me how many people email me about being stuck and when I look at their code, they’ve removed all our instructions.
  2. Make sure you’ve read the introduction to the level carefully. This page will tell you the objective of the level. If you forgot to read it, it’s always the first hint you can find when you click HINTS.
  3. Read the rest of the HINTS.
  4. Stick stuck? Maybe you have forgotten how to use a specific command? The API section, located between the game window and the coding window, has instructions on how to use each command. Click on a command to see more details.
  5. Stick stuck? Visit the forums and search for a thread on that level. If you can’t find one, go ahead and start one. Post your code (properly formatted) and tell us about the issue. “I’m stuck.” is not useful. You should tell us which part is confusing you. “I don’t understand how canCast works.” or “I can’t get Ritic’s abilities to work right.”

Bonus for subscribers, you can email team@codecombat.com and ask for help. I’ll still ask you to tell me which part is confusing you – if you want quicker help, give me more information. Also if you use the Contact Us button in the game, it will email your message to me and that email will include your username and the last three levels you worked on, which makes it so much easier for me to help you. Use the Contact Us button!

@kyay10 and @MunkeyShynes – please let me know where you found those links. They’re definitely not new and I should get them removed if they’re causing confusion. Thanks!

Maka

@maka

https://discourse.codecombat.com/badges

The two are badges (1, Certified and 2, Licensed) in the first, “Getting Started” group.

Oh. I thought we were talking about game achievements. Thanks – I’ll look into this.

Go to the @discobot thread that you should have seen when you started discourse and see if you can find anything there.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@discobot start new user

i didn’t see it when i started discourse, maybe it is a bug or something

thanks, it really worked

I don’t recall ever seeing it before either.

do @discobot start advanced user

@discobot quote please?

:left_speech_bubble: The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground. — Buddha

It’ll be nice if you can do this in PM’s please.