[Idea] Usara, the Master Wizard - Biography

Oh, and I hope my poetry is good - it isn’t my strongest topic in English.

SPOILER

This prophecy:

is the prophecy of the Fallen Race. I’d you to share your ideas about who they could be!

Also, Usara discovered this on the back of the prophecy:

What could this possibly mean? Again, share your ideas!

2 Likes

Guessing that N.C. is Nalfar Cryptor and P.S. is Pender Spellbane

Hmmm, interesting thoughts :thinking: … but who could the Fallen Race be? Clever thinking though!

Chapter 4: Prophecy

Instinct grabbed hold of Usara as she spun round and jabbed the end of her newly acquired staff straight at the newcomer, who toppled backwards and fell with a sickening crash on a stack of wooden boxes. Even though Usara realised he was a human, she did not hasten into apologies. “How dare you sneak up on me! What are you doing here?” she hissed. The man, however, hid his face and mumbled his apologies. He wore a tattered deerskin overcoat over a brown shirt and trousers. But his face was almost completely obscured by his long, untidy brown hair, which made him look like someone who had not seen civilisation for three decades and had lived in a cave.
“My apologies, but I suggest you keep quiet! Do you know what becomes of me if I don’t keep my silence? And then you come in start jabbing people with the One Staff? Good heavens!” he hissed, red in face and thunderous. Usara, on the other hand, was more intrigued by this man’s knowledge of her staff.
“How did you come to know about the staff?” she enquired. This was the perfect question, she reasoned: not only did it ask about the One Staff, but it also forced the man to tell her more about himself without Usara looking too curious.
“What do you go by?”
“Usara.”
“Funny name that, vaguely familiar, familiar, hmm, familiar… well, I guess I haven’t introduced myself. My name? Hector Shieldsmith, a humble metalworker, who until thirty years ago, worked in a metalshop with my niece…” he trailed off abruptly, his face sombre in the candlelit room.
“What happened to your niece?” Usara asked softly. She knew where this was heading. Hector continued staring up into the ceiling behind Usara, his mouth slightly open as if reminiscing a long and forgotten Golden Age.
“I had to abandon her. After the promise I had made to my dying brother, I had to abandon her. They came, a huge massive army, larger than the eye could see… I knew they would come at some point. Out of all modesty, there were no better metal workers than the Shieldsmiths and they knew it. They needed me to help them. Whispers from the west came months, months before they had even set foot in Backwoods Forest. And yet, I stayed. Naive as I was, I stayed, knowing full well that they would come for me. I should have fled… so when they did come, eventually, I shouted to my sweet Illia, to take the Deflector, one of my last projects, and run. I never saw her again. I never saw her grow up as she was only nine at the time. I never watched as she forged her own armour and sword. I never saw the outside world again…” and he broke into small, stifled sobs. At this point, Usara had figured that the only way she was going to get help was to try and console him and reveal the truth of why she was there. There was certainly no path round it.
“Well, Hector, the reason why I’m here is really because I’m trying to save some heroes who I think may be able to help us find Illia if they know her, so if you could-”
“Seriously? Heroes in this dungeon? No wonder those blasted ogres were so keen on keeping me in here for these last few days! Where are they?”
“Oh, well, the thing is, I have only been here about three days and I figured that I wouldn’t try getting down to the prison until I had a good idea of where everything else is, especially the surface. I mean, what’s the point of knowing where to free your friends and not being able to get out?” she said. It took all of her self discipline to stop herself asking about the prophecy but to ease Hector into telling her.
“Well, it seems that you have sense, young girl. How many heroes did they capture?”
“I’d say, about fifteen?”
“Fifteen? That’s nearly all of them!” Hector exclaimed. Usara could hold on no longer.
“Er, Mr. Shieldsmith, if we are to get them out of here, then could you at least explain this prophecy to me that would be nice-”
“The prophecy is incomplete.” he said abruptly, his face indifferent.
“What do you mean it is incomplete? It looks fine to me.” Usara replied, but she knew even as she said it that she was terribly mistaken. After all, it was slightly burnt.
“The prophecy of the Fallen Race is incomplete. The rest of it was destroyed during the last Crusades of Kelvintaph Glacier about two hundred and thirty years ago. The last records have been lost to history forever. To retrieve the final verses would be an act of the utmost recklessness as the Glacier is the final gateway to Eldfjall Volcano, a forbidden and forever cursed island rumoured to be the largest stronghold of the ogres. No one has dared to set foot there for two hundred and thirty years as signs of dark magic - antigravity spells and life draining curses - have been the latest new development for the ogres. The Gate of the Summit is now the only way to reach the Glacier, but it is heavily guarded with only the toughest of ogres protecting the fabled Inner Sanctum. Do you not understand, young girl? Two hundred and thirty years since the last known human has gone and come back alive, but even so, barely. Two hundred and thirty years since the ogres had last been seen, until only three decades ago. Two hundred and thirty years of peace, while we lived our miserable lives with that same nagging thought in the back of our very minds - what if they came back? What would we do then? The numbers of heroes have decreased since; many of the faint-hearted did not feel that the rumours whispered from ear to ear about the perils of the glacier should be paid attention to. You said it yourself, fifteen of the many hundreds of heros of two hundred and thirty years ago remain. So, Usara, tell me, what chance do we stand, if any, of defeating them? Don’t get me wrong, as much as I want to get out of here with the other heroes, that’s the end of the line. Answer me!” His face was wrinkled with lines of sorrow, and Usara had believed him, so she answered.
“If we stand united in the face of this darkness, then we may have a chance. Do you want these ogres gone? Do you want peace restored to the many worlds they have infiltrated? Because listen when I say this: if you do, then you will explain to me how to get out of this dungeon, how to free the only people we have to rely on, and ultimately, how to eradicate them once and for all. Not locking them up in a shadow vortex, not closing them up in an empty world. I mean removing every single last one of them. Don’t you understand how valuable you would be to us? You have thirty years worth of inside information. You have heard and seen everything. We can do this. So, do you stand by me, or will you cower away in here to rot to death like a coward?” she asked. Hector Shieldsmith looked up into her fierce dark eyes, the lines on his face even more pronounced than ever in the candlelight.
“If it means that I will be able to reunited with my beloved Illia, then listen to me very closely, 'cos here’s the plan,” he said, beckoning her towards him.
Usara grinned widely.

END OF CHAPTER 4

And there’s chapter 4! I hope you enjoyed it and drop a like!

9 Likes

I really like the story so far, can’t wait till chapter 5

1 Like

Me too! The next one will be based primarily around the escapade of the remaining fifteen heroes, especially the reunion of Hector and Illia Shieldsmith. It’s been too long!

Some might say that this biography may also be the story of CodeCombat as it ties in many other theories, biographies and descriptions of CoCo heroes together into one huge story that is centered around Usara. However, expect heavy losses, betrayals and cliffhangers from this! Also, the might be another gap in when I release some of the chapters, especially when this something:

gets released. Whatever it is, I’d like to include it in the story. However, when the Volcano campaign gets released, the finale of the story will be complete - in style! Keep watching :eyes: :wink:!

This was meant to be the prologue but think of it as a sort of Easter Egg:

Entities

Two hundred and thirty years it has been. Two hundred and thirty years since my birth in these cold, dark, depths. Two hundred and thirty years in which I have bided my time, waiting, waiting. Two hundred and thirty years in which I have changed and switched allegiance, countless times, before settling myself with those who fight my Creator. Creator? Death cannot be created; Death exists as one formless, intangible entity. But now, two hundred and thirty years later, my allegiance is clear, my motives firm: assassinate was my order, and the assassination must be fulfilled.

But who? Creepy, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Ohhhh I know. I like that its written from a 1st person perspective.

1 Like

This is Ritic the Cold

I thought it was a bit obvious that it was Ritic but who is he going to assassinate?

All CoCo heroes do that…

1 Like

Ritic is the only one who is specifically there to assassinate. Most of the other CoCo heroes’ main job is to defeat ogres and conquer evil, but not to assassinate any specific person or thing. The assassinate part means that anyone, good or evil could be assassinated. The main question in the Entities mini-chapter is: should we trust Ritic? After all, he has

Yes we should trust Ritic. Ritic is a good boi.

Hmm, we shall see… :thinking:

Ritic is a very bad boi unless you control him, same as Nalfar, lol.

1 Like

Hector maybe (20chars)

Just got the Regular Badge (after a year and a half of trying :rofl:) and I have finally been able to change the topic title to avoid confusion! Note: if you see anywhere that says Ursara in Chapters 1 and 2, remember that it is supposed to be Usara as at the time of writing, there was quite a lot of confusion over whether her name was Ursara or Usara.

3 Likes

Now that is intriguing… what if Nalfar was the only one who trusted Ritic because they both like death but no one trusted Ritic, like Severus Snape and Albus Dumbledore?

And one of the things that does not make sense in CodeCombat is the fact that, if Ritic is Death, then why should we be able to kill him in CoCo? Makes no sense :face_with_raised_eyebrow:!

1 Like

Maybe he is only a body for death. When we kill him he finds another body.
Edit: When you go into the thang editor and look at his power up animation his left eye appears.
Still waiting for another chapter.

1 Like