Why Python instead of Assembler?

I want CodeCombat to support coding in Assembler, why didn’t you support Assembler? Supporting C and Machine Code or even Malbolge coding language would be nice.
I got an idea, get rid of Python and Javascript and replace it with Assembler, C and COBOL. That would make kids more interested.

1 Like

There’s no way CoCo is going to throw away these two. :slight_smile: They’re actually working on supporting C soon though.

I don’t know about anyone else, but when I started I would not have been at all interested in those languages. They’re a bit too confusing for young people starting programming, in my opinion. But we’re always open to new ideas, I just don’t think getting rid of python and Javascript is the right answer.
Danny

8 Likes

I have to agree with you there Danny. When I started at around age 8 or so, I just wasn’t ready to believe the fact that 1 + 1 = 10

8 Likes
10 = 1 + 1
if 1 + 1 == 2:
    hero.say("correct")
else:
    hero.say("wrong") # never happens

# '=' doesn't mean EQUAL

Not in programming, but in maths it does. Binary doesn’t have to be used in coding.
Danny

1 Like

im talking about programming

10 = 1 + 1 # assign
if 2 + 2 == 10: # 2+2 != 1+1

Epic, I was simply quoting a joke that’s been around since before even your father was born. It’s ok…let it drop please.

2 Likes

hehe (20 characters)

1 Like