New level : Mad Maxer

Thanks nick, no need to reset my gem purchases, I’ll just go ahead and getting a better sword if I’m probably going to need it anyway.

Hey nick. I was wondering whether you guys could make the level a bit easier. I’m using Tharin with 749 health and the short sword, but I still can’t kill all the enemies (I die with about 3 enemies left). Is there anything else to help, because I have too little gems to buy anything? Thanks.

Are you using your shield bash, too, saving it for the fangrider or shamans? Short sword really should be underpowered by this point.

it won’t allow me to use my longsword on this level, and I don’t really have enough to by anything better, but I will try to use bash and see if it works

Has anyone been able to beat this recently (since the removal of the long sword)?
I am using attack, bash and even sheild but always get slaughtered by the end of the second wave.
Ive tried giving priority of bash to fangriders and shamans, Ive tried moving around strategically…
Is electrocute or something else required to beat this?

Update: I broke down and purchased the worn dragonplate helmet for 1800 gems. I get further but still die by the sheer volume of enemies on wave 3

Yes. I’m new so I never got the pleasure of do it with the long sword.

1. are you killing furthest first?
  2. I am using Anya with 775 hp and Darksteel blade (206hp remain). BUT, I only win if I kill furthest first

Thanks for the reply Vlevo.
I dont know if the level code has changed but I submitted again this morning and this time it worked, twice. My character is indeed attacking the farthest enemies first.
I recommend having a great deal of armor(Health) to anyone newly trying this level.

In some cases like this, ranged attacks are really nice!

So let me put in a plug for subscribing here. :smile: I am not associated with the site in any way, just someone who appreciates it.

For $10 you can subscribe and then immediately unsubsribe (I did this at Nick’s suggestion). That gets you 3500 gems and a month to play all the subscriber levels. Spend 2000 of the 3500 on a wizard and ranger and you still have 1500 left plus the extra gems from the extra levels to get some armor and weapons.

It’s fun to not be limited to warrior stuff all the time. And on a level like this you don’t even need much armor if you can shoot arrows at enemies.

3 Likes

ok this is a pretty tough battle sofar. I seem to have my code right (attack farthest use bash only on shaman/rider and return center when no enemies) and i wonder if i should invest in better gear at this point (729 health with darksteel blade and steel striker), i come out of wave 1 with around 450 health left and get slaughtered in wave 3. I seem to lose the most when approaching the farhtest target so I`m trying to be creative and wonder if a while loop for shielding myself during the approach would work? and if its possible to shield during walking at all? I might have his bit of code wrong to start with:
when enemy is shaman:
while enemy health is above 0:
while distance to target is greater than 5:
targetposition is my distance to target minus 4
tp is targetposition
X is tp coordinate x
Y is tp coordinate y
shield
move to target position

Its not using the shield during walking but just approaches and when in range goes on to the next assignment.
i also tried performing an action during an action… dont know if thats possible in this game…can perfoming an action count as a condition for a while loop?
like:
while moveXY(X, Y):
self.shield()

or just drop the whole idea and get more health?

shield only shields while you are shielding . . . so you can not move and shield.

Hey,Nick. What minimal. chipest sword you 'll advise for this level?

I would buy the most awesome sword possible instead. The Kithsteel Blade is pretty sweet. I still hope to make this one easier to do soon.

Here is my code

loop:
    maxDistance = 0
    enemyIndex = 0
    enemies = self.findEnemies()

# Look at all the enemies to figure out which one is farthest away.
    while enemyIndex < len(enemies):
        target = enemies[enemyIndex]
        enemyIndex += 1

# Is this enemy farther than the farthest we've seen so far?
        distance = self.distanceTo(target)
        if distance > maxDistance:
            maxDistance = distance
            farthest = target

if farthest:
            # Take out the farthest enemy!
            self.attack(farthest)
            farthest = None

I don’t know what is wrong. It tries to attack the flying enemy, but can’t. He gives up on that and starts to kill the witches and dies.

Guys I am still stuck please find my code:

// Kill the enemy that’s farthest away first.

loop {
var farthest = null;
var maxDistance = 0;
var enemyIndex = 0;
var enemies = this.findEnemies();

// Look at all the enemies to figure out which one is farthest away.
while (enemyIndex < enemies.length) {
    var target = enemies[enemyIndex];
    enemyIndex += 1;

// Is this enemy farther than the farthest we've seen so far?
    var distance = this.distanceTo(target);
    if (distance > maxDistance) {
        maxDistance = distance;
        farthest = target;
    }
}

if (farthest) {
    // Take out the farthest enemy!
    // Keep attacking the enemy while its health is greater than 0.
       if ( farthest.health >= 0) {
          this.attack(farthest);
       }
}

}

my hero is wielding a long sword and health is 907
please help as he can kill the flying one but cannot stick to one target after that.
Thanks in advance

Try using while (farthest.health >= 0) instead of if (farthest.health >= 0) so that you kill a target once you have started attacking it.

Thanks Nick but ive upgraded my sword to Kithsteel Blade and boom all went well :relieved:

Is there something wrong with this code? Because my hero keeps dying and won´t attack the flying thingy.

loop:
    farthest = None
    maxDistance = 0
    enemyIndex = 0
    enemies = self.findEnemies()

# Look at all the enemies to figure out which one is farthest away.
    while enemyIndex < len(enemies):
        target = enemies[enemyIndex]
        enemyIndex += 1

# Is this enemy farther than the farthest we've seen so far?
        distance = self.distanceTo(target)
        if distance > maxDistance:
            maxDistance = distance
            farthest = target

if farthest:
        for enemy in enemies:
            self.attack(enemy)
        # Keep attacking the enemy while its health is greater than 0.
        pass

Double-check your last block of code. You check if farthest exists, but you never attack it.

Where’s the error? I don’t see it and I followed the exact instructions…

# Keep attacking the enemy while its health is greater than 0.

You did not follow these instructions, instead you’ve attacked every enemy on the map.