CodeCombat Subscriptions

Update: we’ve decided to change it up a bit such that the core level progression will remain free, and the subscriptions grant access to the extra bonus levels. Read more about it in the email we just sent out.

3 Likes

Hi @nick, I know the email says the full forest campaign progression is now Free to Play, but it won’t seem to let me get past Village Guard. When I click on Village Guard, it shows it as a subscriber’s level, which I’m sure is accurate but won’t progress to the next level.

Edit: Never mind? Not sure if you guys fixed it but it let me go back through the previous level and progress! Yay :smile:

1 Like

Yup, Village Guard is an optional subscriber level, but I made it so that Endangered Burl unlocks Thornbush Farm, so you can skip over it. If the unlock didn’t process correctly for anyone else after the change, try going back into Endangered Burl and hitting the victory screen.

1 Like

Just to say, I’m glad you decided to keep the core campaign free in the end. I help run a CoderDojo for kids, and it makes it hard to use resources that the kids would then have to pay for. Saying that I understand that this whole thing can’t work if it doesn’t generate enough income to keep it viable, but hopefully the balance can be found, good luck, and I’ll keep chipping in as I get the time.

2 Likes

Hi there, so excited to have found CodeCombat. I shared this with my kidlets at school today for Hour of Code and am wondering, do the free levels get you through the dungeon and the main road in the forest and then stop at Deadly Pursuit? That’s as far as I got and just want to confirm. I think a bunch of them will be asking for CodeCombat for Christmas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good question. The free levels will keep continuing into the desert, mountain, ice, and volcano worlds, but it will take us some time to get there (we make five levels a week). As we get more of the levels done, Deadly Pursuit and the following core levels will become free, with additional side levels becoming the premium levels around that area.

1 Like

Really bummed, I use this to teach, and the kids love it. By the way- the Dungeon Campaign will not let us move forward without paying a subscription-

Hey @j1man1r66, you should be able to get to to the dungeon, forest and desert campaigns without a subscription; it’s just the side bonus levels that require a subscription. Can you let me know which level you are trying to do where it won’t let you keep going forward?

Well, I’m stuck at the Desert since once I completed two levels but then it just stopped. There were no more levels left for me to finish. Help!

Two or Three? There’s only 3 levels in the desert. That’s all there is right now until they release more.

Just added five more new desert levels in free Adventurer playtesting week. Five more new levels every week!

1 Like

I don’t see it and I’m adventurer

Try playing Oasis again, or check your email for the link. I’ll recalculate all the achievements, too.

ok replayed oasis its working now

you’re game is epic.

I completely understand about needing to have a subscription to play the extra levels. I am not adverse to doing that, but when I want to use it with my club at school, a monthly subscription will not work for me. If you could have an institution payment as one sum for the year, that would work so much better. Again, I am not against paying for the service, I just need an more school-friendly way to do that rather than monthly.

We accept one sum institution payments for a year as well. Please email team@codecombat.com and we’ll help you set that up. Thanks!

nick
I want u to know that the only reason i came to this website is to get subscrpition levels for free

here use @-nick if you really want to contact him…

Hi @nick my teacher added me in the subscription thing and I got the confirm email. I confirmed it. After I confirm the email I still can’t play the subscribers only levels.