Goals: Detonate the robobombs; save most of the soldiers
Robobombs explode when they die or touch an enemy.
Split up your soldiers so that they don’t all get exploded together.
The concept of spreading out soldiers to avoid splash damage hasn’t been covered in detail in other levels so it is a good idea.
The level is quite easy and is passable with a simple strategy but that’s fine for an introductory level.
My strategy involved repeatedly commanding ally to go right and the others to go left. Of course, many improvements can be made such as commanding the rightmost ally to go right instead of the first but my initial strategy still passed
There is potential for more complicated levels involving soldiers and robobombs (or catapult shots).
Edit: Another thing, the starting code contained some python syntax that I had never seen before:
for index, friend in enumerate(friends): # command soldiers
- robobombs randomly approach from all sides
- robobombs or catapult shots randomly fall from the sky above your soldiers
- both of the above at the same time
- fight robobombs mixed with other enemies
- you control robobombs or artillery and need to hit clustered groups of enemies