Nalfar Cryptor Spells Help

Hi, when im doing the Stranded in the Dunes level I have to code the whole level, I chose to use Nalfar Cryptor I just started using him and dont know how to use the spells, can someone help me this is my current code right now.

// Go to the far right edge of the level to find new areas.
// Check the guide for more details.
while True:
    hero.moveXY(hero.pos.x + 1, hero.pos.y )

enemy = hero.findNearestEnemy()
    if enemy:
        if hero.canCast("summon-burl", enemy):
            hero.cast("summon-burl", enemy)
        if hero.canCast("drain-life", enemy):
            hero.cast("drain-life", enemy)
        if hero.canCast("sacrifice", enemy):
            hero.cast("sacrifice", enemy)
        if hero.canCast("soul-link", enemy):
            hero.cast("soul-link", enemy)
        else:
            hero.attack(enemy)

flag = hero.findFlag("green")
    if flag:
        hero.moveXY(flag.pos.x, flag.pos.y)
        hero.pickUpFlag(flag)

Thanks

2 Likes

Well, let’s tart with drain life. Drain life is a continous spell, it has no cool down and can be cast continually. It means you can’t do anything else while you’re draining life (but you can stop at any time, and it will be interrupted by stuff like summoning soldiers). It takes a certain amount of an enemy’s life per turn and gives it to you (it doesn’t increase you max health if you are at it.
Sacrifice only works on your own friends, it kills them and transfers their life and some of their attack to you. Can be very powerful in some levels.
Soul link also only works with friends, it links you together meaning when one of you loses health it shares the damage between both of you. If you had a friend who was safe but you were being attacked you could soul link with them and you would last longer because you would be sharing your life with them.
Not used there, but devour just attacks an enemy for 200 and you get some of their life if you kill them, you have to be close.
Danny

2 Likes

Ohh thats why some of the codes didnt work, Thanks

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to spawn a skeleton with nalfar or any kind of thing because I just got him

1 Like

welcome to the forum. You can’t summon skeletons with Nalfar.

1 Like

What can u spawn though

1 Like

Because I don’t want to hear that I can’t do anything with him

1 Like

You can’t summon anything with him unless you have a boss star unoly tome V or vine staff.

1 Like

I know what a vine staff is but what is the other stuff

1 Like

Hello and welcome to codecombat discourse! This is a cozy forum where you can share ideas, share fan art, get assistance for code, etc! Before you proceed, we hope that you review this topic, which shows all essentials of this board! Thanks!

@Tropicalz, you can summon burls with Vine Staff, which grants you the spell hero.cast("summon-burl"). In mountain levels, you get Boss Stars, which can summon (and command) commandable units such as soldiers, archers, paladins, griffin-riders, or artillery (not that the boss stars may be able to command them, but not summon them). Boss Star’s give you these methods of summoning and commanding, hero.summon("unit") and hero.command(unit, "action", target). Unholy Tome V grants you the ability to summon-undead (skeletons), with hero.cast("summon-undead).

1 Like

Hold up. Tomb ring. Skeletons.

1 Like

Tomb Ring grants you the ability to command skeletons, not summon them. If you summon skeletons, and want to command them like commanding a soldier, then you need Tomb Ring to do so.

@Dragonlouis, to sum up what @abc said, you need the Unholy Tome V to summon the undead, and the Tomb Ring to command the undead like normal soldiers. These items ONLY apply to the undead soldiers, while the Boss Star will let you summon and command normal allies like soldiers, archers, griffin-riders, and paladins. Different levels of the boss star will let you summon different types of allies. Hope this helps, and let me know if you’re still confused about anything else after this.
-Grzmot

4 Likes

This helped me @Grzmot I thought tomb ring only commanded skeletons when you do summon undead

3 Likes

What is tomb ring and also I bought a book that says I can raise from the dead. How do I do that

This website and you guys help a lot

3 Likes

Do you guys know how to raise from the dead

You can do hero.cast("raise-dead")

ps: hero.cast raise dead is actually just summoning units that are actually dead.

No you bring them back as your own minions and they have half their stats(half health half damage and DPS, and half speed).