[Adventurer] Hot Gate

Hi! Here is the new demo level about pets: Hot Gate

Our new pet hero is the Polar Bear Cub. It can freeze enemies around. Think about it, the freezing ability in the Sarven Desert. What can be better?

3 Likes

Hi @Bryukh can you help me please on the level Hot Gate?
Here is my code-

# Use voice commands to command the artillery.

while True:
    enemy = pet.findNearestEnemy()
    if not enemy:
        continue
    # Scouts are fast. We need stop them. 
    if enemy.type == "scout":
        distance = pet.distanceTo(enemy)
        if pet.isReady("cold-blast") and  distance < 5:
            pet.coldBlast()
    else:
        # If the enemy on the left of the pet:
        if enemy and enemy.pos.x < pet.pos.x:
            # Say  "left".
            pet.say("left")
        # If the enemy on the right of the pet:
        if enemy and enemy.pos.y > pet.pos.y:
            # Say  "right".
            pet.say("right")
        pass

When my pet say right the artillery keep attacking the enemy on the right even when the enemy is dead.

3 Likes

I solve the level. I was just confuse with x and y.

2 Likes

I like the new pets. :slight_smile:

I’m seeing some funny things with this level. I can only beat it if I get a lucky randomization or change the starting code a lot.

The first group of fast monsters are always scouts, but the later groups are sometimes fast munchkins. Since they don’t have type scout they don’t get frozen and then they kill peasants.

Also, the ogres and munchkins are getting spread out so that the cannon can’t kill them all in one shot. It seems to be a problem with pathing for the big ogres, they are getting hung up trying to walk through the wall.

hotgate1

2 Likes

It’s one problem. Munchkins become faster after the mark. The pathing is the problem that’s why they aren’t destroyed immediately. I’ll think what to do.

1 Like

Nice level as usual :slight_smile:

Like @Mr-Borges, I am also seeing some fast munchkins that get past the artillery and attack the peasants.

Also, at one point I submitted the level and noticed that despite the Polar Bear Cub freezing the nearby scouts, the artillery wouldn’t attack them.
As you can see in this picture, the scouts are frozen but the artillery isn’t doing anything about it.
In this image, those same scouts, now unfrozen, are attacking the peasants…
…thus making me fail the level.
Pretty sure that this is a minor bug that pops up one or two submissions, because the artillery usually attack the frozen scouts.

Otherwise a very nice level! :smile:

1 Like

Like @Mr-Borges, I am also seeing some fast munchkins that get past the artillery and attack the peasants.

Also, at one point I submitted the level and noticed that despite the Polar Bear Cub freezing the nearby scouts, the artillery wouldn’t attack them.
As you can see in this picture, the scouts are frozen but the artillery isn’t doing anything about it.
In this image, those same scouts, now unfrozen, are attacking the peasants…
…thus making me fail the level.
Pretty sure that this is a minor bug that pops up one or two submissions, because the artillery usually attack the frozen scouts.

Otherwise a very nice level! :smile:

2 Likes

The artillery reacts for the pet voice. Have your pet said “Freeze”?

3 Likes

It does say “Freeze”, but I don’t know how to take screenshots and can only copy the image, which cuts out the speech bubbles.
You can try to replicate the issue though; it might take a few submissions for the bug to pop up. My username is Hellenar.

2 Likes

Got it. I think the reason was the artillery cooldown and that ogres don’t want to move in groups. I’ll think how to fix it. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ve changed ogre logic. I hope now it’s better. You will see changes later (caches) or use direct.codecombat.com.

4 Likes

It is now working perfectly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes