Duelling grounds inventory limitations?

Why do I get my inventory downgraded in Duelling Grounds of the Forest?

As I first enter Duelling Grounds, my hero wears Emperor’s Gloves, Edge of Darkness sword, Obsidian Shield etcetera. But after the first play, once I get to the Ladder, my hero loses these items and gets Bronze Shield, Long Sword and other pretty basic stuff.

I see other heroes have health times as much as mine. Without advanced equipment - how do I get to defeat them?

I believe it’s because there’s a red and a blue team. And the equipment and heroes are saved separately. Go to https://codecombat.com/play/ladder/dueling-grounds and configure your equipment for both teams. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you! You’re right. I keep all my inventory for the blue team.
The only concern is that I don’t get to configure my equipment at any point besides when I enter the Duelling Grounds from the Forest map.
I beat simple CPU AI, submit my code and hit “Return to Ladder” button. There I can opt to play as Red or Blue, choose an opponent (Easy, Medium, etc) and get to the game. I did not see any option to configure my equipment at any point after the first Warmup level.

You can configure your equipment using Game menu->Change hero. And you can configure your hero and equipment.

2 Likes

Thank you! Now I saw it. I never went to change the hero in the middle of the game before…

2 Likes