Guess My Number - Adventurer Feedback

The name and description of this level reminded me of this, so I had to try it immediately.

Using the munchkins and scouts to indicate higher or lower is a good idea, and the attack helps to enforce a delay between guesses. Ranged attacks might have an advantage though.

Some issues:
Saying non-integer numbers can still pass.
Forgetting to do mid+1 and mid-1 (which results in edge cases failing) can still pass.
Thoktar should say something other than “You are smart” at the end. (At least add a full stop like the other utterances)

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.

The name and description of this level reminded me of this, so I had to try it immediately.

Yep. I got know about that level when I finished my :slight_smile:

Saying non-integer numbers can still pass.

I know. Riddler “read” only first numbers and 36.5 for him is “36”. I make it on purpose.

Forgetting to do mid+1 and mid-1 (which results in edge cases failing) can still pass.

Sorry, it was misunderstanding with comments editing. the comment should be from 1 to 999 (0 < n < 1000)

Thoktar should say something other than “You are smart” at the end.

Didn’t get it

1 Like

I noticed that this level is located in glacier despite the level decorations being more suitable for desert.

I was referring to lines 18 and 20 in the screenshot. There are some cases where that algorithm would fail without the +1 and -1

Yep. I need to change decorations.

Got it. I changed sample code and comments.

I tossed it in the Glacier because the algorithm for understanding binary search isn’t super intuitive, and it tends to be a Computer Science-y problem.

It’s a useful skill! But I think the solution is a bit too tough to understand/reach in the Desert.

2 Likes

I guess he suggested that instead of saying simply “You’re smart”, make it a bit more impressive, or even add a punchline. How about these?

• “You’re real smart!”
  • “YOU. ARE. SMART.”
  • “Oh boy, you’re smart! But you cannot outsmart ME! HAHAHAA!”
  • “So, you’re a smart cookie after all. But I’m the cookie monster!”

or anythin, really :wink:

Oh, and a word of advice for future adventurers:

##If you can’t kill a scout in one hit, make sure you kill your enemy before your next guess!