Haunted Kithmaze broken in Python

I had 10 students work through Haunted Kithmaze last night in python without any problems. Then as of this morning on January 7th, the level was broken. You can no longer complete the level with the loop command and the 4 move commands. I saw 4 students having the same problem with the correct code, and I confirmed the problem from my account. My code that had previously passed no longer works.

The work around is to switch over to javascript and complete the level writing Javascript and then switch back to python, but this is not an ideal workaround when you are teaching python to beginners.

1 Like

Seems to be related to this thread, perhaps the same game mechanic issue.
/cc @nick

This should be working now.

Good day! I do not want to post the answers to this maze but I am currently unable to complete this maze as well with the loop. I am using Python as well.

hello and welcome to the discourse! as for your problem please post your code in the box given by clicking the </> button so it will be less messy. and if you can, please post a screenshot.

1 Like

And please don’t post in topics 6 years old D:

1 Like

It’s fine if he’s requesting help.

Yeah, but it should be in a new topic… and in Level Help, not adventurer

He’s requesting help for it. It doesn’t really matter if it’s adventure since it’s so old.

Sorry for posting in a 6 year old post, when I was starting to post it suggested other articles to comment in instead.

Attempted the following -

while True:
    hero.moveRight()
    hero.moveRight()
    hero.moveUp()
    hero.moveUp()
while True: 
    hero.moveRight()
    hero.moveRight()
    hero.moveUp(2)

okay, i see your problem your code is OK its just that the character you are using is too slow. try swapping with tharin or any other hero that you have.

3 Likes

Thank you kindly. I did not realize the importance of characters. I appreciate you :slight_smile: