Headhunter is vicious

(non-blocking move vrs blocking moveXY)

To my strange brain your explaination, sotonin, does sound like my “partial moveXY” mentioned above (and prolly poorly explained) or as I like to call my function “moveTowardsXY” only better, because there is no arbitrarily fixed move distance and no need to reissue the command every so often to keep going… (iow: I made my own “semi-blocking” move command, by moving an acceptable distance toward my target and then processing before reissuing the command to again move closer)

edit:

I just discovered this post about the new boots with some code examples, if his ideas/examples are right and one HAS to continually reissue the command then move really is alot like my moveTowardXY (except as I suggested above, I don’t have to do the partialXY computing.).

attack(object) prolly is “blocking” but really should be a function of ones boots, if boots non-blocking then the move portion of attack should be non-blocking. (ogres may be dumb enough to infinitely chase after something they can’t catch, but my well dressed :smile: hero shouldn’t have to be.)

Knowing if math functions were available would be good. Currently I am comparing the squared versions for distance to things I didn’t know I could objectify. (x²+y²) < distanceTo(enemy)²