Keeping time: join the raid?

Hi,

On this level, I succeeded without doing the last step : joining the raid.
After 30s, I just do nothing, and it works.

I tried to participate to the final fight, but in this case I died :frowning:

Regards,
Vettax

The most important is is getting enough coins to hire troops that will fight. If I fight I die…so I just let them do the fighting.

You can also go kinda fight but run and just lead the enemy to follow you letting archers take them out.

So yes, same case…doing nothing is a good thing - staying in the back and using troops for a meat shield? Even better.

That’s how I beat it as well. Stayed behind and let my allies fight.

Can y’all let me know how fast you were (which hero) and how much gold you collected where you didn’t have to join the fight?

I used Tharin , collected the coins and destroyed those shields and back to naria , if you fight them you’ll die . can’t remember how much i collected but i made 7 friends

I used Anya, and collected ~147 gold. 7 friends.

My code could’ve been better, as I wasted time at the beginning going after 1 or 2 of the fences (which cost me some gold collection time). I did meatshield it up a bit, and things died :slight_smile:

Anya (320 max health) ended with 96 health.
181 Gold = 9 soldiers

EDIT: I did partake in the battle a for a hit/cleave before pulling out.

163 gold, 8 soldiers with Anya.
No problem to do nothing. The only problem is the comment in the code that asks us to participate to the raid. Or if you really want us to use three different time slots.

Hattori =199 health
207 coins 9 soildiers

I thought it would be poor form to not join my comrades in the raid (especially since the instructions said to join in). I added an elif my current health is < (max health) /5 then I stop fighting and shield. I suppose I could run away just as well at that point but it looks slightly less cowardly to cower than to run (OK, perhaps cowering is the literal root of ‘cowardly’ but you get my meaning).

2 Likes

Well what I did was when I got to below 1/3 of my health I retreated but besides that I “joined the raid”

I didn’t even bother to join the raid. All i did was collect gold and passed it. Just have good armor.

If I am the first one to beat the enemies I will get killed,so I just join the raid after they are at war

I am having the same problem, but Narnia always dies while I stand still during the “Join the raid” part. Here is my code:

# Use your new skill to choose what to do: self.now()

loop:
    enemy = self.findNearestEnemy()
    item = self.findNearestItem()
    # If it's the first 10 seconds, fight.
    if self.now() < 10:
        pass
        if self.isReady("throw") and self.distanceTo(enemy) < self.throwRange:
            self.throw(enemy)
        else:
            if self.distanceTo(enemy) < self.attackRange:
                self.attack(enemy)
    else:
        if self.now() < 30:
            ip = item.pos
            ix = ip.x
            iy = ip.y
            self.moveXY(ix, iy)
    if self.now() > 30:
        if enemy:
            if self.isReady("throw") and self.distanceTo(enemy) < self.throwRange:
                self.throw(enemy)
            else:
                if self.distanceTo(enemy) < self.attackRange:
                    self.attack(enemy)

What happens if self.distanceTo(enemy) >= self.attackRange?

Nothing. That is your problem, initially there is no enemy in your range.

I used Tharin (746 max health) didn’t lose any health
176 gold = 9 soldiers
I didn’t do anything in the raid
I just stood back

me too i had like 26000 health and i took no damage all you need to do is collect coins ok the ogres at the start usually attack you while the archer guy kill them all
some times i build arrow towers which help too