Mages Might Issues Thread

Each collector should grow at a constant rate, but each consecutive collector takes longer to build, so collectors have diminishing returns. It’s not worth it to build collectors non-stop.

When I use the summon collector method, the collector keeps resetting in size until it finally starts growing.

Something strange has happened, I noticed that @Hydrobolic’s code is no longer working even though the code was unchanged since the last submission which used to be at the top. Spectating it looks like the code now does nothing.

Similarly, I noticed that @kulawat’s code also now seems to be attacking very very rarely, building up huge reserves of mana. It has also fallen down the rankings quite a lot.

Did something change in the arena code that broke their logic?

Yes, .opponent and .collectors are now fully removed: the getter methods should be used instead. My code relied on .collectors directly. I’ll resubmit my AI once position-based collector control is fixed (I believe it’s currently being looked into).

In other news, .action should now be readable.

I think there is a bug.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to codecombat discourse! This is a cozy forum where you can share ideas, share fan art, get assistance for code, etc! Before you proceed, we hope that you review this topic, which shows all essentials of this board! Thanks!

I don’t know what this level is, thus I cannot help you, but I’m sure some others can soon. Hope they help, and have a great time on the forum!

Good to hear from you, JWH. Can you clarify a bit more what the bug is?

Before I removed all my code I was casting fire shields without the intention of doing so. So to debug I removed all my code but a while true loop and part of my code was still being run. I think this bug only occurs with ibid1, but I’m not sure.

i see that you havent hit run so its still running your old code so if you hit run then it will update

Verified that this happens for me too. I disabled all my casting code and still my sorcerer keeps casting shields when fighting ibid1.

@Bryukh, is this a possible bug? Where one player’s code can cause the other player to cast shields?

1 Like

Hi! This is weird for sure, the cast should be protected property if I remember correctly. I’m researching this issue and get back soon. Thank you for the report.

ok. I see the problem and should be fixed, however the solution is not ideal and ‘paranoid’ a little (don’t see balanced solution while) so it can break some ‘correct’ code (just don’t use ‘protected’ methods inside event handlers)

1 Like

Ha that sure was an amusing bug. Thanks for fixing it!

1 Like

I received an error message, but I don’t know what the problem is. It is not affecting me as far as I know. When I looked at the developer tools thair was a 422 error and others.

Hmm, if you see something like that, you might want to make sure that you have a copy of your current code, then go play against another opponent and paste it in there to make sure it saves correctly.

Thank you. The bug could have been with my code, but I have changed the code and have not had any more trouble saving matches.

Found an issue with fruits pickup, it seems that if a collector gets killed off (by a ‘fire-burn’) while on its way to pick up a fruit, the fruit can never be picked up by any collector after that.

I am guessing this is because the fruit get taken out of the list of available fruit once it’s been assigned to a collector, and it doesn’t get put back in when the collector is killed mid-way.

This shows up for me when I’m trying to assign my collectors to pick specific fruit by location, and they target a fruit which had previously been assigned to a murdered collector, but keep being assigned the nearest other fruit instead.

I suppose the simplest way to fix it would be to put the fruit back into the available pool. But I’m also wondering, what happens if collectors from both sides target the same fruit? Does it go to the first collector who gets there, or the first one to target it (even if the other collector is closer to it?)

To test this, you can play against some of the players who use ‘fire-burn’ like IOI-ZAF2-JW or Feanor123.

@Bryukh, in case you missed this.

In short, when a collector is killed by a “fire-burn”, the fruit that it was on the way to collect becomes permanently unavailable (since it never gets added back to the available list).

The simplest fix is to just put the fruit back into the available list when a collector is killed this way. But I wonder whether you might also need to make a bigger change eventually to handle when competing collectors would like to target the same fruit.

When a collector dies the fruit disappears too. Not sure I understand the issue.

Hmm, I think you’re talking about fruit the collector is already carrying. The issue here is with fruit that the collector was on the way to collect, but which hasn’t been picked up yet when it got killed. The fruit becomes permanently unpickable by any collector.