Scrores/Leader board takes ages to load or doesn't load at all

Kithgard dungeon map
for the most of the free levels leader board doesn’t load 504: Gateway time-out
backwoods Forest and so on situation kind of alleviates server response takes around 30-40 sec

For premium level situation is kind of good later on around 5 sec

Anyone with the same problem?

1 Like

Okay (I don’t know what happened).

1 Like

Welcome back @htrnblr :partying_face: did you pay for premium or did you only inspect the html?

1 Like

That did not happened to me before. I think it is a bug. @Chaboi_3000, what do you think?

Andrei

1 Like

I paid for premium 5 years ago and finished all levels up to glacier,
as long as you started/finished level it’s yours forever( at least it was so :wink: )

1 Like

You could try to restart your progress I’m not sure if it will help I’m not a expert on html.

1 Like

I’am afraid that if I restart premium levels won’t be with me anymore :slight_smile:
I am going to reset eventually but not right now.

So out if curiosity I created new account but it is still the same

code: 503
errorName: "Service Unavailable"
name: "Error"

I tried Firefox and Chrome and 2 VPN Germany and United States
and it is still the same 504: Gateway time-out
could you try to check
kithgard dungeon -> dungen of kithgard ( first level of the map )

1 Like

Hi @htrnblr, Welcome back!
I have seen this issue, it was mentioned by @xython in: Leaderboards empty - CoCo Library of Alexandria burnt?.
Is this what you mean?
They don’t show up for me either on any levels, not just the free ones (I have premium too).
I’m not sure whether this has been mentioned on Github or Slack. If you post it on both you’ll probably get the attention of the devs. It might be that, as xython said, the database of the level scores has been wiped. I don’t know unfortunately.
Danny

1 Like

Hello @htrnblr! You are my son’s hero as the undisputed leader of the Leaderboards along with Nick the creator of CoCo.
For several months there were no tables at all and after the an intervention, they started to load extremely slowly or not to load at all. In most tables the absurd times under one second remain and in others the ranking is correct only for the most damage done, The other tables follow the same most damage ranking. I am afraid that with repeated interventions things may get even worse.
Paraphrasing the famous phrase:
“If it ain’t totally broke, don’t fix it”

2 Likes

I have seen this issue, it was mentioned by @xython in: Leaderboards empty - CoCo Library of Alexandria burnt?.
Is this what you mean?

Yes this is that I mean.

They don’t show up for me either on any levels, not just the free ones

Wait a little longer, up to a minute or so :wink:
as for free levels of Kithgard Dungeon almost impossible
but since ~70% of Backwoods forest if you try several times and wait up to 60s, it can load
Sarven Desert and so on almost guaranteed load if i wait up to 60s

premium levels
since the first level of Backwoods forest if I wait up to 60s
it loads most of the time

1 Like

Wow thanks, I tried really hard and spent a looot of time on items/level researching.

I can only guess but looks like
Based on difference in loading time for free and premium levels
and If we assume that CoCo stores all scores since 2013
It looks like CoCo server/database simple can’t handle so much records in reasonable time
As players progress amount of records for any given level get fewer and fewer
because players dropout for various reasons
so eventually server/database becomes able to handle request before set time for 504 Gateway Timeout Error

2 Likes