The Trials help

So, I have somewhat working code. I just keep running out of time. my code is posted below.

My Code
# This level is intended to be for advanced players. The solution should be pretty complex with a lot of moving parts. It might also be a bit of a gear check unless you use creative methods.
# You need to make your way to the first trial (Oasis of Marr) defeating enemies along the way. When you reach it, pick all the mushrooms to trigger the trial to begin. If you survive the onslaught, make your way to the next Oasis for the second trial, then the Temple. When all trials are complete you will have to face the final boss. Good luck!
# HINT: Glasses with a high visual range help tremendously on this level so buy the best you can get.
# HINT: the unit 'type' for the oasis guardians is 'oasis-guardian'
while True:
    enemy = hero.findNearestEnemy()
    if enemy:
        hero.attack(enemy)
        if hero.isReady("bash"):
            hero.bash(enemy)

What am I doing wrong?

My Gear

Uploading: image.png…

You need flags and you need to collect items (mushrooms)
Try this:

Flaggreen = hero.findNearestFlag("green")
if Flaggreen:
    hero.pickupflag(Flaggreen)

And for items:

Item = hero.findNearestItem()
if not enemy and item:
    hero.movexy(item.pos.x, item.pos.y)

Hope this helps!
Ps: I can’t see your gear image. Can you tell me in text?

But remember you have to submit to use flags.

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately, to beat the trials, you have to use flags by submitting

That didn’t work but I am going to do other levels before I start to do that one again.

Can I see your gear first?

try using move XY’s that are timed, its what I did at least, also the bear trap belt helps to kill the yak for bonus xp

Wait, what trials are these?

This is 100% incorrect. I designed the trials to be beaten without flags. Flags are one method to beat it but not the only way

4 Likes

Yep, I beat it completely without flags, ~40 statements :) although, I could probably make the code shorter

My code without flags (this was like half a year ago) took like 120 lines :rofl:

Yeah. Flags make the code shorter, which is helpful for infinite loops not happening.

Uh no, actually, they don’t, I didn’t use flags and it just had around 25 lines and never froze

with maxed out gear on Nalfar I beat it in 13 lines.

Yeah, but it’s max gear and wizard, I had non-premium warrior with barely ok gear, sooo xD

Tips: Use a wizard with lightning stick. The long range plus flags can destroy the boss at the end because your range is longer than the boss’s. It also destroys the light enemies(munchkins, throwers etc…) Hope this helps😉!

1 Like

i did it with a basic flag/ atack code with senick with best armor and gift of the trees