Topic for Maths

Is there anything bigger than googolplex? (except infinity)

Googolplex and one, of course

Well, i mean in one term, not two terms

Googolplex is the highest one-term number I can think of.

There probably is one bigger than Googolplex (other than infinity) I just canā€™t think of it.

In math you can always add another one. So thereā€™s always a bigger number then googolplex

Googolplex and one. lol

2 Likes

I meant some number higher than googolplex that has literally a scientific name. Not Googleplex + some number.

INFINITY!!! Idk if there actually is.

in mathematical science infinity is not stated a number, because it consists of no static value. you can never say something is greater than infinity, because its a never-ending number. Meaning that you also cannot calculate any equasions with it.

IKR very complicated. sorry for the bad explanation, that is not my strengh.

(20 chars seem a little confused too ngl)

5 Likes

Soā€¦ basically infinity is not a number and nothing is greater than that because infinity is a never ending number-

iNtErResTiNg

4 Likes

like the digits of Pi :sweat_smile:

But actually, where do we use infinity? Because, well, everything has a number, even if it was uncountable, like the particles of sand for instance, can we say they are infinite?

3 Likes

Well, space is infinity, but just because we havenā€™t reached the end of it.
Iā€™d say anything that is infinite hasnā€™t come to its true end.
Like your life, the choices you can make are infinite.

2 Likes

Scientists are thinking space is growing outward. If this is true, space isnā€™t infinite. I suppose infinity is a number no one can ever reach. Itā€™s not even a thing because some number will reach even the largest thing that we canā€™t even comprehend.

2 Likes

Well no.
There are probably hundreds of decillions of them but they are not infinite.
Infinity though imo isnā€™t really a number.
Nor is there ever a biggest number.
ex. Googol and one.

2 Likes

If there ever was the biggest number, you just add one to it to make it bigger-

Exactly.
There is no biggest number.

Which means that infinity does not exist because infinity is beyond the range of any number. I feel like I keep making the same point in different ways, lol.

Infinity is not a number.
Itā€™s a concept, yes there are a infinite/endless amount of numbers but infinity itself is not.

1 Like

Lol, fractions r my fav.