Topic for Maths

Here is a Topic for Math! :heavy_plus_sign: :heavy_minus_sign: :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_division_sign: I really enjoy math, anyone else? I know there are some of you :wink: :zero: :one: :two: :three: :four: :five: :six: :seven: :eight: :nine: :keycap_ten:

1 Like

i like questions that i can do fast, algebra annoys me evn tho it is like the easiest because my hand dies after a question

3 Likes

Depends what kind of math; I like algebra, geometry, and multiplication/division/addition/subtraction, but I hate fractions :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I have waged an online poll to ban fractions on mars. (sorta worked?, mars cuz maths teachers on earth hate me) XD

3 Likes

I like to do challenges where I have to really put my brain to the test

2 Likes

What’s alegebra? sorry never heard of it.

1 Like

I am confused on it too, because many people say it’s something different, but its probably like studying numbers and math symbols

2 Likes

algebra is much easier than trigonometry
Trig is so confusing!!!

4 Likes

Its advanced math
Like high school math
Why am I learning it at 7th grade
Lydia

3 Likes

There is also very simple algebra, like:

x = 2
x * 6 = ?

I’m pretty sure that counts as algebra. Sorry if I’m wrong :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yea actually, algebra has a lot to deal with unsolved variables ex. “x”
Lydia

6 Likes

We are taking algebra through right now. Its pretty easy. What do you guys think: Is a circle really a circle or is it just a [ridiculously high number] of right angles?
I think its is a [ridiculously high number] of right angles

1 Like

What is a circle?

• A circle is a circle
  • A circle is a [ridiculously high number] of right angles

0 voters

@JoPro_8000

2 Likes

A circle has a infinite amount of right angles. So a circle is a circle.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that only be when it’s being represented in digital form? It’s only the pixels that make it 90 degrees. If you drew a perfect circle with a compass there wouldn’t be any 90 degree angles anywhere.
The perfect circle would just change direction very very slightly and perfectly evenly to create a its shape.
It’s an interesting question though, because where would you find a perfect circle? No one can draw it, and a computer program represents it in pixels, so that doesn’t work either. An circular orbit might be the closest thing to a perfect circle…

10 Likes

Idk. I always though that if you zoom in enough it would be a bunch of just right angles

1 Like

Except orbits are elliptical, not circles. At least in outer space.
And @JoPro_8000, Archimedes tried to find and measure circles by putting more and more sides on it, but he couldn’t. But he came very close to finding the area. But what he did is do something very similar to calculus.

btw I really like math :wink:

Well, that solves one more problem in my life

2 Likes

Which problem is that?

Meh… I don’t like math, but I don’t dislike it either.

1 Like