A search button for CodeCombat

So while trying to give advice on discourse a good percentage of the time I can’t find a level because they are in great quantity and everywhere :grinning: but it will sometimes take me 10 minutes to find a level if I am not familiar with it’s location and it can be very frustrating. So a way to fix this which might be useful to everyone is if you add a search button to CodeCombat to find a level or even an item(if there is already one tell me where please!). I have also found out that Ctrl - F doesn’t work and it is a waste of time to make a reply asking for the location of the level(some of you might have noticed that I have done this a couple times). So please add a search button or some other way for me to find levels easier.

5 Likes

use codecombat.com/play/level/(level name)

3 Likes

Nice idea @BobBobson412! I’ve sent an invite to @maka so he can think about this cool feature!

1 Like

Thanks @Ironhead that would be a lot easier.

1 Like

Ironhead is right – replace spaces with dashes and you’ve got the formula:

CodeCombat - Coding games to learn Python and JavaScript

Maka

2 Likes

I used this to play razorfray after beating alchemic stack

I’ve found an excel spreadsheet someone had created in google docs with levels list with hyperlinks. However it is not complete so I’ve been updating a downloaded copy with added levels that I have listed in my CodCom folder. I came across a level in my folder called, “Scylla And Charybdis” that is no longer listed on the Sarven Desert map. I’m not sure what happened. Has this level been deprecated or was the name changed? I can access it directly by typing the URL in the address bar like Maka says above, but the level does not appear on the map anymore.

Does anyone know what the deal is with this?

1 Like

Well some levels are “hidden” like sky span and greed.

1 Like

Okay, then how the heck did I get to it to begin with? I certainly didn’t go looking for hidden levels. Heck, I’m busy enough with the ones I can see, I certainly don’t need to go looking for extras. And usually, even if a level doesn’t appear at first, after a level is entered, it then shows up on the map. This one isn’t showing up anywhere. Not even the campaign editor.

Update***

Just heard back from the devs:

“We decided to make the pets non-attackable in the final release of the feature, which broke this level. It’s no longer appearing on the map because we removed it.”

Mystery solved!

1 Like

I beat Scylla and Charybdis using your link today
@MunkeyShynes

1 Like

I beat it too xD Is there rules against bumping old posts?
sky span and greed wouldn’t load for me =(

There are a lot of levels “out there” that were never officially released. This is the case for the vast majority of user-built levels.

1 Like

To go to another world you have to type down codecombat.com/play/ (last word of the name of the world.)

codecombat.com/play/dungeon