[Adventurer] Arrowproof Wolf

Hi! Here is the new level about pets and also it’s a mastery level about collecting items: Arrowproof Wolf

arrow in back

The wolf cub is one of the free pets and it can catch arrows or spears (wolves love catch sticks too). This ability works “passively” – the pet catches near arrows if it has not been commanded before.

4 Likes

Good level but sometime the pet doesn’t catch the arrow and I die and is the pet ment to follow my hero because in this level the pet doesn’t follow my hero.

2 Likes

Have you woken up the pet?

2 Likes

Cool ability!

Can we get some more info in the descriptions of the pet abilities? For example, form testing I think the cougar’s chase ability has a cool down of 15 seconds but I’m not sure if it has a range.

Also when I try to use it with a specific name like

pet.chase("Mog")

It doesn’t work, it gievs a refeance error saying chase is not defined.

Also, it doesn’t seem to work on some enemies that I think it should. Headhunters seem to ignore it even though my hero has more than 10 times as much health as them.

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me at all. I wake him up and he starts following me around, but he just ignores the arrows. I even switched to Tharin with no Ring of Speed.

hero.moveXY(12, 34)
hero.say('hi!')
loop:
    item = hero.findNearestItem()
    hero.move(item.pos)
1 Like

My case is the same as Dwhittaker. I even tried the hint to make the wolf actively catch the arrows but that didn’t work either. He doesn’t catch the first one that he’s awake and following me for so i don’t think it’s a cool down issue.

1 Like

Try to use moveXY.

1 Like

The problem can be with the range - try to use moveXY instead move. What the problem with the active usage of the ability?

1 Like

OK, so I switched to moveXY. He catches most arrows now. I got hit once, and another time the arrow missed me because I changed direction at just the right time. But I was able to complete the level now.

Would be cool if there was some type of animation of the wolf leaping to catch the arrow rather than it just vanishing.

1 Like

It could be a problem.

1 Like

Yes I have.
(20characters)

1 Like

It possible to past this level without pets help

loop:
    hero.moveXY(item.pos.x, item.pos.y)
    hero.shield()
1 Like

Yep, I know. Also mushrooms are carryable :wink:

1 Like

hm, could you show your code?

1 Like

Ok

Code
# Collect mushrooms.
# First, come to the wolf pet and wake up it (say).
hero.moveXY(pet.pos.x, pet.pos.y)
pet.say("Hi little wolf")
# Next collect mushrooms just usual items.
loop:
    pet.moveXY(hero.pos.x, hero.pos.y)
    if item:
        hero.move(item.pos)

I put pet.moveXY(hero.pos.x, hero.pos.y) because my pet won’t follow me.

1 Like

she can’t wake up herself :slight_smile: maybe try

hero.say("Hi little wolf")

oh, and about the pet.moveXY(), once you give commands to your pet it will stop its default behavior of catching arrows or whatever and do what you told it to do (move to a spot)

1 Like

Better to use pet.on(‘hear’, onHear)

And in the onHear function write pets actions

1 Like

I’ve added some fixes. I hope it will help.

1 Like

It was working perfect before for me, still seems good.

1 Like

Thank guy. Sorry I haven’t been on Codecombat Discourse for a long time.

1 Like