Confusing wording for shield stats


#1

I’m having difficult finding out which shield is better: “polished bronze shield” or “sturdy bronze shield”.

The wording used to describe the shields is confusing. First it says it blocks x percentage of damage, but in the skills granted section it says the hero absorbs x percentage of damage.

Blocking and absorbing are conflicting terms. If I block 30% of damage, I absorb the remaining 70% of the damage. Similarly, if I absorb 70% of the damage, I block the remaining 30% of it. I can’t block and absorb the same percentage of damage.


#2

Considering it is larger for more expensive shields it is “blocks”. Likely “absorbs” was a little clumsy way to express “absorbs without being affected by that part”.


#3

I think you’re right. At the time I only could see those two basic shields, but now I can see higher level shields. So this is only confusing right at the start when you haven’t unlocked many items yet.


#4

I’ve updated the description to say “… the shield blocks X%…”.