A very common sight for me using latest version of chrome x64 (also tested with x32)
- I debug with js console open.
- Main chrome window memory usage ~ 1gb.
- my code is (usually) error free, no infinite loops, no recursion, below the soft and hard execution limits, and the system has no problem ranking my code.
Symptoms during coding sessions
- Chrome crashes, very often
- codecombat debugger starts for no reason
- game wont load the first 3 times, and then load without any problems what so ever the 4th time I press refresh.
- 2 codecombat debuggers running at the same time (according to js console, where I see 2 sets of round overviews appearing ROUND 0 1 2 0 3 1 4 2 3 4)
- crashes while the window is not active (and nothing is happening in the js console)
So basically the worst chrome crashes are when I am just reviewing my code, (game is fully evaluated), and without touching anything. It starts to re-evaluate all rounds and chrome crashes.
It also re-evaluates when I remove blank lines, or add comments.
Even worse it re-evaluates as soon as I press delete key (and in 99% of those cases I have just broken my own code) so the re-evaluation of all rounds will be useless.
These crashes are not sporadic, as I write this I had about 4 crashes attempting to add /* */ around a code block
I’m afraid there were no useful messages in the console that might indicate the cause of the above symptoms.
And although I think these problems are caused by the debugger I can’t rule out the UI that keeps rendering the humans and ogres (I usually press pause though to rule this out)
Offtopic bug: Maximize code editor in chrome, shows bigger window but handles the code as if the iFrame did not resize. If I resize the browser window it corrects this bug.
Hope you can fix these issues, and if you need me to test anything let me know
Edit: some additional info. I added an illegal statement at the start of my code, thus my code does not compile and is not evaluated. The game is also in pause mode. I hoped this would prevent the crashes. It does not, even though I’m just attempting to write some comments in my code
This even happens when battling the warmup AI
Some additional data (with uncompilable code on my side)
- Simulation: 959ms
- Serialization: 34ms
- Delivery: 11ms
- SuperModel for level loaded in 189036 ms
Level unveiled after 192.09s
Hope it helps
Edit 2: Internet Explorer crashes as well