Did anyone else say really offensive things to the peasants back in perimeter defense?

So, back in the level “perimeter defense,” you had to say something to prompt the peasants to build a tower. What I said went a little bit… different than the level intended.

1 Like

I said the following:

hero.say("BEHOLD!!! I Am The Greatest, The Mightiest, And the Most Formiddable Warrior In All The Land! Bow To Me, Filthy Peasants!!!")

hero.say("Don't You Dare Rebel! If You Disobey Me, You Know What You'll Find Sticking In Your Chest That Night! What, You Think You Can Defeat ME?!!")

hero.say("NO ONE CAN DEFEAT ME!!! Especially not filthy peasants such as yourselves. I'd Be Happy To Show You Piles Of Filth A Thing Or Two On The Battlefield!!!")

hero.say("OH!!! You Think Someone's Gonna' Save YOU?!! From ME?!! Who's It Gonna' Be, Then?! Captain Anya?! That Ridiculous Dueler That I Defeated?! OR MAYBE YOU THINK THAT IT'S GOING TO BE LADY IDA JUSTHEART!!!!! That Stupid Lady, Always Shouting About 'Justice' and 'Freedom'!!! Oh, How I'd LOVE To . . . !!! Actually, you know what?")

hero.say("Hector, do you think you could arrange for me and Justheart to have... a little meeting?")
hero.say("Thanks, pal!")
3 Likes

Funny stuff, but please watch the language on this board.

:smiley:

Okay, I’ll watch my language. It’s been so long, I forgot what I put on there! I seriously ended up taking it a wee bit too far. I ended up including things related to this in at least 3 other levels, including when I used chain-lightning on a peasant in “circumference of yaks”

1 Like

let’s play a bit haha

import urllib
def check_profanity(text_to_check):
    connection = urllib.urlopen("http://www.wdylike.appspot.com/?q="+text_to_check)
    output = connection.read()
    connection.close()
    if "true" in output:
        print("Profanity Alert!!!")
    elif "false" in output:
        print("This text has no curse words!")
    else:
        print("Could not scan the text properly.")

check_profanity("BEHOLD!!! I Am The Greatest, The Mightiest, And the Most Formiddable Warrior In All The Land! Bow To Me, Filthy Peasants!!!")
check_profanity("Don't You Dare Rebel! If You Disobey Me, You Know What You'll Find Sticking In Your Chest That Night! What, You Think You Can Defeat ME?!!")
check_profanity("NO ONE CAN DEFEAT ME!!! Especially not filthy peasants such as yourselves. I'd Be Happy To Show You Piles Of Filth A Thing Or Two On The Battlefield!!!")
check_profanity("OH!!! You Think Someone's Gonna' Save YOU?!! From ME?!! Who's It Gonna' Be, Then?! Captain Anya?! That Ridiculous Dueler That I Defeated?! OR MAYBE YOU THINK THAT IT'S GOING TO BE LADY IDA JUSTHEART!!!!! That Stupid Lady, Always Shouting About 'Justice' and 'Freedom'!!! Oh, How I'd LOVE To . . . !!! Actually, you know what?")
check_profanity("Hector, do you think you could arrange for me and Justheart to have... a little meeting?")
check_profanity("Thanks, pal!")

1 Like

Nice, too bad the curse words were removed before you ran the check. I’d like to see the results then.

Omg, I just looked at this and HAHA

Okay, now who wants to over complicate nursery rhymes?

1 Like

Hey, actually, @Gabriel_Dupuis? Could you translate that into python? I would LOVE to use that on my brother!

1 Like

This is already python you can use it in Python shell :wink:

oh. thanks for telling me.

I wonder if you could write some code that censored text. Like, you would enter curse words in an array, enter their respective censors in the same spots on a different array, and then feed those, along with text, to a function. And then the function would replace all swear words with the censors, and provide a count of the total curse words. And it would use a loop to continue censoring the text until no curse words are left. And you could use it to filter through youtube comments :joy:

I don’t think that’s possible in codecombat.

So that no one could actually cuss but make it look like they said something like:

Hey guys! I like butterflies!

1 Like

Yes! That would be so hilarious! And then we could make one say, "Sugar Pop You! You TRUFFLING KURRFUFFLEING (Removed inappropriate joke)

And I meant you could put “text” as an argument in the function, and then replace that with the comments by copying and pasting them.

CodeCombat actually did have a simple curse word filter in text displayed from hero.say(), although it replaced the curse words with punctuation like $?@#!. I don’t think it’s active now on the visual text output, but for certain heroes, it does change what the audio sounds like…

1 Like

Which hero? what does it sound like? Thus I actually don’t like butterflies.