Getting controlled by the enemy hero (Dueling Grounds)

That can be enemy.move(enemy.pos) then

1 Like

Rip, but hopefully this gets fixed.

Another bug is that when I simulate, when a loss appear, the game automatically mass-repeat the simulation on the match I loss, making my score go do rapidly. Idk if this is a bug or not.

I’ve never had this one. Are you sure that it’s not a visual bug?

I’m pretty sure not a visual bug.

Another bug I see is that when I submit new code, my score goes down a bit.

It’s not a bug but yeah… That thing is really annoying. I usually lose around 2k points every rank, though I guess it is supposed to be so because it is a “rank” so if it ranks your game with someone under 1000th place or smth it’s not a “hard-win”, especially if you are in top 100. If you rank your game and you’ve been simulated with someone in top 100, you won’t drop in the ratings a lot.

1 Like

We’ll work on fixing this. In the meantime, I disabled that player’s code. Let me know of any other example session IDs in which this happens.

Your score is comprised of two components: an estimate of your strength, plus the confidence in our estimate. When you resubmit, we leave the estimate of your strength alone, but we reset the confidence, so the score drops a bit. Once you play some matches, the confidence builds up and it should approach where you were before.

Side note: old-style ladders (with separate red/blue sides) are not as good at ranking fairly as new-style ladders, so it takes longer and more submissions to get to the top of a ladder compared to players who have been hanging out there a long time, because otherwise the confidence part of it increases too early from a bunch of matches against random players, most of whom are lower score. You can resubmit many times to get around this, but it’s kinda annoying–one of the reasons I eventually want to refactor all the arenas to the new style.

3 Likes

Should be fixed for this arena.

3 Likes

When I click “fight” anyone in the ladder, it says I have infinite loop and games aren’t simulating (any match freezes and it doesn’t simulate probably because of the infinite loop)
When I spectate, it also says there’s an infinite loop:

1 Like

I have this problem too, but it’s in harrowland.

Hmmm, I fixed another problem (because the fix broke other things), try it now (on direct). Its still possible that so abilities can cause errors there. Please, tell me and I fix them.

I still have the infinite loop on direct.codecombat.com.

1 Like