I am suspending myself from CodeCombat

Hi CodeCombat Forum!!!

This message is mainly for the makers & people that have helped me.
I have a real life problem which is guaranteeing myself a life sustaining job.
Right now I’m in a probationary period of 600 hours to prove that I am an employee worth keeping.
And I’m performing well at work as they are telling me.
Though just recently I had a “performance interview”.
Now again I am able to perform well.
What I lack was the knowledge of work procedures XD.
I thought there was no need to know too much due to the fact I was told quite a few times that I was doing well.

But straight to the point of this message I wanted to tell you guys CodeCombat is great especially the fact its free with a choice of premium help.
I really want to help everyone behind CodeCombat as a thanks for making a learning tool to help me.
It has been great that I had some interactions the forum.
For now it seems I might want to make more time for my work life so I can have a solid position in my work place.
So I may not be around CodeCombat for a while.
I estimate about a month or 2 XD nothing too long.
I do aim to invest a good deal of my life into doing computer code cause that’s where all the fun is at.

Thanks again CodeCombat!!!

1 Like

@HeroslasherX I have been there many times, where I placed work first to ensure that I was able to do my best.

Good luck, and when you feel like coding, we will be here.

-HW

So just wondering but did Codecombat help you get your job? And if so what language did you use? I’m currently using Lua since I’m a game developer but I’m wondering if other languages might be better to learn to help me with C++ and/or get a job. I’m really glad to see Codecombat helped you out in general :smiley:

Sorry to confuse you man XD.
I did not get a job in coding what so ever.
I currently have a factory job that pays well for labor work.
You would probably know more than me by the looks of your message XD.

I have explored a lot of what people have said about coding opportunities.
What I heard when it comes to becoming a hired game dev is real hard.
But thats like big game company devs.
And I heard that its to be expected to work 70 hour a week.
In terms of small or indie game development, I don’t know much.
I have heard there is less competition when it comes to looking for a C++ job.
And indie devs tend to need talent both in art and code to create a better game compared to other indie devs.

Again this is what I have heard if I remember right and this info I got that is recent like within this year.

Heres a youtube channel of a dude who talks a lot about coding careers:
Simple Programmer

I hope anything I said helps XD

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the insight! I’m actually just learning coding myself, my Game Development jobs are not necessarily coding related but I want to learn. In the past just working for my own company I’m a Project Manager, Level Design, Gameplay Designer, Public Relations, Lead Tester, etc with only light coding work. Thank you again for taking the time to write all of that out and I wish you the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

@TheReaperKing I would look at the job in specific that you want when it comes to learning a language.

C,C++,Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, Javascript, … C#

They all can have value, but if you are looking at a C# job and know C++ they still might pass you by for someone who says they know C#. I would look to learn the language in use by the company that you were working with. At least that way you could try to fix a bug etc to get started.