[Idea]Election system of leaders

I see your point, so maybe to avoid this, people would have to be at least a Basic member to vote for people to become Leaders.

yeah, or better regular level

1 Like

They might also need to meet some requirements, such as being on the discourse for at least 12 months/a year, being at least a certain age, etc.

Rachel

1 Like

well, age is not really required

and, anyway a person can show fake age

1 Like

I’m sure that Chaboi_3000 can find alts very easily. And the idea of people voting for leaders is good, but I think that leaders should only be chosen from active regulars. Because if you’re a regular, then you are already active and don’t have that much flags. And I think only members should be able to vote since basics are the users who’ve just experienced the CoCo Discourse and they might just pick random people without knowing who they are picking for (if that makes sense)
Lydia

3 Likes

yep i agree with lydia song since members know a thing or two about the forum and the regulars will surely all justbombard themselves with votes on alts so yeah only memebrs can vot no regulars cuz then theyl just vote themselves

2 Likes

Yeah, its better members to vote

Who said they will? It depends on their loyalty.

I think they should make a topic in the section where only Regulars and higher can see it (Lounge). That way people that have been here a bit more than likely know the person well because of how they help and things that are encouraging.

1 Like

The concept itself may sound good, however there’s lots of flaws to it compared to manual promotion. In the long run, it’s going to be risky on our side, and going to consume much more time compared to manual promotion. And so far manual promotion has worked extremely effectively.

6 Likes

I think you need to be a Member to vote. I think age requirement is not really a good idea, That will spill personal information

1 Like

I think the same
(20 chars)

1 Like

I agree too (20 chars too)

2 Likes

For now we’ll stick with manual promotion. However if I feel that there’s a need for a “voting system” there’s a chance it will be used.

5 Likes