Looking for job, currently for hire, no pay needed

I am not the best at coding, but once i am accurately taught how to do something, i get quite far into it. If there is one thing i’m good at, it’s doing things in one other’s point of view. I also classify myself as a grey-hat hacker, as in i simulate black-hats while reporting issues with security. Here is my qualifications in each catagory. Please note i might have taken the descriptions of these out of context, so correct me if i’m wrong. Also if a staff member has any question, feel free to ask in case i left out something. (Oh and by the way, don’t worry about money, i already have a real job.)

Archmage

Again, i’m a hacker of various types. Coding takes some time to understand, but i can easily test for bugs and such, this is one of my main priority of position.

Artisan

I might be able to do this, but i have no idea, learning would be greatly needed.

Adventurer

If it means playing levels and seeing if they work or not, i’m fully capable of that.

Scribe

I have made some reasonable edits on wikis, people find them helpful, my vocabulary is not very good, but i try to seem some what proffesional. (See? That’s how bad my english is.)

Diplomat

All i have is google translate and poor english. Not much good here.

Ambassador

If that means helping people out, that’s something I do, in fact, i was writing a guide for the site, however i’d need easy access to items and levels to accurately document.

2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for your interest. Here’s how you can get started:
Archmage:

• Check out the GitHub Page and start by setting up a developer environment.

Artisan:

• You can create levels of your own in the Level Editor. Check out the official campaign levels for ideas.
  • Documentations are in here and #artisan category.

Adventurer:

• If you have enabled adventurer in your email settings you’ll get early access to some levels.
  • The #adventurer is a great place to check out other player creations, too!

Ambassador:

• You can help people who need help in levels in the #level-help category. :+1:
1 Like

Well my problem is setting up the dev environment, I try the recommended docker setup, and it fails no matter what i do. I also tried the other ways of setting up, I even had the right software, but everything fails.

What OS do you work with? I just tested the non-docker setup on a Mac and it works fine there.

I use windows 10. First of all, I had to update the node version in the docker file. One of my problems is i don’t know what EXACT version of node to use, everyone on github says to use version 14, but none in particular? As in 14.0.0? Because I checked the package file and it said 14.18.3. I also had to change the dockerfile node version to the version i was using and change some code in that same file to what some of the other users had. It was a step forward, I could run the proxy now, but i could not access the site. I had the same screen shown on the guide, I got the public favicon thing, but when i try to access site, a message in the terminal said:

codecombat-proxy-1 | (node:66) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/coco/public/templates/static/home.html’
codecombat-proxy-1 |
codecombat-proxy-1 |
codecombat-proxy-1 | (Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
codecombat-proxy-1 | (node:66) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line API | Node.js v17.8.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 1)
codecombat-proxy-1 | (node:66) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

I have successfully set up the environment, now i just need to know how to hack. If you could help me, that would be great since i’m having trouble locating the files that effect the proxy.

You should set up git, run webpack, and start editing your local files of your choice and it’ll update automatically. I use Atom Editor. @nick could probably provide you with better resources on this.

I can’t run webpack or proxy because “COCO_PROXY” is not a command even though i tried using the “set” thing. I have no idea how to use it.