Lua for game programming

• Start with the basics of Lua. Learn about variables, functions, loops, and conditional statements.

• Once you have a good understanding of the basics, start looking at some tutorials on how to use Lua for game development. There are many great tutorials available online.

• Practice makes perfect! The more you code, the better you’ll become at it. So don’t be afraid to start small and work your way up.

• Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There are many online forums and communities where you can get help from other Lua programmers.

Here’s the reference to learn more: Lua Game Programing - Mr Examples

I hope this helps!!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the discourse you seem very educated but I’ll still say my usual line this is a cozy and comfortable chattting place good luck! Also those tips are useful for beginners it might be able to classify as archmage category (or whatever it’s called)

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for the warm welcome! I’m delighted to join this cozy and comfortable chatting place. Your usual line is quite charming, and I appreciate your kind words about my education. I’m here to engage in meaningful conversations and contribute to the discourse in any way I can. It’s fantastic to hear that the tips provided are useful for beginners; I’m always happy to help others on their journey. As for the “archmage” category, that’s an intriguing concept! I look forward to exploring and sharing insights with all the knowledgeable individuals here. Let’s create some wonderful discussions together. Thank you again for the warm welcome and good luck to us all!

3 Likes

Thank you! for the good words and just overall warm feeling archmage category is a category of topics dedicated to helping new coders so i might need to ask someone with regular @MarmiteOnToast i think you still had regular?

3 Likes

Would you like me to change the category of this topic?

Yes if you could?I would apréciele it

1 Like

Sure, I’ve changed it
Wait a sec, do you want it to be Archmage or Ambassador?

2 Likes

Oh sorry Ambassador I WROTE WRONG NAME

1 Like

Marmite go to pm i got stuff to say

1 Like

warmly welcome dear and sure