We’ve just launched a brand-new interface for Teachers to manage their classrooms — we’d love to know what you think! In the coming weeks, we’ll be adding even more new features to the Teacher Dashboard based on user feedback.
Some of our new features:
- Redesigned user interface
- Better course progress tracking
- Bulk-management of students (enrolling and assigning courses)
- Ability to archive old classes
To get you up to speed, we’ve put together a new Getting Started guide that will answer some of the most pressing questions about our new interface. If you have other questions or comments, please reach out to email@example.com!
Important for Teachers: Verify your account!
As we launch more features to help teachers manage classrooms, we’ll be requiring all teachers to verify their teacher account in order to maintain access to their classrooms. Teacher accounts will also be separated from student accounts going forward.
Log in and verify your teacher account now so you don’t lose access to your classrooms.
How do I know if I have a verified teacher account?
Log into the CodeCombat account you use to manage your classroom, and look at the “My Account” profile circle. If the circle around your profile picture is blue (like the image below), then you’re good to go! No further action is needed. If it’s yellow, then you’ll need to go to the Verify Teacher Account page and fill out the form to convert your account and maintain access to your classrooms.
Here are a few things to know about teacher accounts:
- Teacher accounts can no longer be added as students in a classroom. This means that if you added your own account into a classroom, you will no longer have access to play levels alongside your students in the class. You will still be able to view and manage the students in the class as before.
- We’re also working on more robust teacher guides and course solutions specifically to help guide educators who are new to teaching Computer Science. In order to do without inadvertently giving students all the answers, we’ll be limiting access to these guides to verified teacher accounts.
In the coming months, we’ll be releasing even more features to make using CodeCombat in your classrooms even easier and save you valuable classroom time.
- Preview all course content without needing to play through
- Ability to review all students’ code
- Individual student progress reports
- Better infographics and statistics to help surface classroom trends
- Java language option for classrooms
- Updated user experience for students
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments or feedback!