Real Life Stories

I just thought it would be cool to have a thread where people share interesting real life stories. (Appropriate ones of course!) They can be made up or real.

2 Likes

Once, I was in church, and I was playing a piano song for Christmas. I was playing perfectly until I got to the very last note. I missed my last chord like five times before I got it right. I still squirm when I think about it.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I’m going to post one now.

2 Likes

This is about the time I tried (and failed) to fly. I was about 4-4 1/2 years old and we had just finished Mary Poppins and my mom was tucking in my baby brother and I thought to myself “Wow! I wanna fly with an umbrella too!” We had a staircase with a banister leading up to the second story in that house and so little me climbed up onto the banister (with the umbrella still in my tiny little hand and I jumped off the edge of the banister. Unfortunately, I did not fly, but at least I didn’t end up in the ER! What happened was I leaped off the edge, dropped the umbrella and smacked my head into the coffee table. I remember screaming so loudly, and my mom just ran down the stairs and I spent the next 30 minutes with an ice pack on my head. So here’s a tip folks: DO NOT jump off of a banister, even if you have an umbrella, you cannot fly.

4 Likes

That’s a good one! I have another:
This is when I was to young to remember, and there’s not much to the story. I was walking on a sidewalk with my parents, when I stopped. I found a piece of gum on the sidewalk, picked it up, and ate it! Of course, my parents stopped me right away, but it’s really disgusting!

2 Likes

About 2 year ago (I was 13 then) I was running in the back of our church playing with some friends waiting for the service to start. I turned a corner and I almost completely broke my pinky toe right off. We didn’t think it was broken because I didn’t cry or anything but later that night one of my sisters (I have 3 sisters and am the only boy child) was going to take to to Dave and Busters for my birthday and I tried to put a sock on because I was icing it pretty often and I couldn’t do that even so I went to the doctor that one of my other sisters go to and he said I almost broke it clean off. So here is another good lesson everyone: Don’t turn a corner to sharp in your church!

3 Likes

So, I was not watching when this happened, I was only told:
It was a musical theater recital, I was not in the theater at that moment, when girls came running out and talking excitedly. Eventually I picked up that as a surprise, the dance had a real live horse in it. They had kept the horse back stage until it needed to come on stage for the dance. A girl rode the horse on stage and everything was going great until the horse, um, relieved himself on stage! The horse slipped in his mess and the girl on his back flew off. Thankfully, she only sprained her arm. The curtain closed. So the lesson is this:
DO NOT keep a horse back stage for 2 hours without letting him use the restroom. :grin:

5 Likes

Also, I really like your pfp (profile picture) @GregW.

2 Likes

Thanks! (20 Characters)

2 Likes

Definitely not a good time to be in the front row!

4 Likes

No, certainly not! :joy:

2 Likes

I broke my left arm(6 years old) because I fell off of a kids zip-line(5 feet off the ground).

1 Like

Ouch! That sounds painful.:face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

It was. The funny part is that I only fell 2 feet :rofl:.

4 Likes

How’d you even break your arm from that height?

2 Likes

I have no idea(20 char).

4 Likes

Once I walked in a forest, I went on the wrong path and got lost. :scream: I was walking many hours in it (of course my phone’s battery was 0%). I didn’t see anyone and I was really, really scared. Then I went somewhere and saw a hut. But there wasn’t anyone (maybe a monster lives there!) so I was scared and sad. “I don’t remember how did I get to a random place with people”, but I somehow did it. And then, I asked people how to get to place where I live. It was 1 hour walk from that people! I got home very late. After this, I wasn’t in this forest without my parents! :rofl:

5 Likes

If I were you I’d be sitting down and screaming for help! :rofl:
But then again I would never walk into a forest without my parents.

3 Likes

same here i broke my arm on a zipline

3 Likes

How many feet above the ground was it though?