[SOLVED]The Trials lagging very hard, memory crashes

In the beginning I seemed to be doing pretty well in The Trials. After considering a few battle strategies, typing out some code, and submitting it, I exited the level because it was so laggy. I was trying to get into The Trials again, hoping for the lag to be gone, when the level told me I had either very slow code or an infinite loop. When asked what to do, I clicked on “Comment Out Code”, but when I tried to get back into the level the same window popped up again. This time I decided to reset code, but it didn’t work. Now when I try to get into The Trials it never loads and about two minutes later my computer memory crashes. I don’t get any pop-up that tells me to reset the level, or comment out my code. Nothing. :frowning:

Do you know who I can consult to reset the level just for me, so I can actually go in and play The Trials for once?

It would be very helpful if anyone can assist me.

And if anyone asks, unfortunately I do not remember my code. :’(

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do since this is not a technical issue.

Trying clearing your cache. Maybe try it on a different computer with more cores or higher FPS

This could be an infinite loop in the level itself so that would mean that a creator would have to fix it. If that is the problem then the loop is overloading your computer. I have no problems with this and my computer is pathetic. Would you mind telling me what the level is?

it is called “The Trials” LInk is here: codecombat.com/play/level/the-trials

I tried clearing my cache but my computer still runs out of memory and the tab crashes.

What type of computer are you using. This often also happens in Stranded in the Dunes. You will most likely need a better computer and a more advanced CPU. See if you can find a computer with 4 Cores.

YES I FINALLY GOT INTO THE LEVEL!!!

I tried it on Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome. It took forever to load, then (thank God) the “Reset Level” window appeared. I reset the level and it got me in the level immediately.
Thank you soooo much all of you! I can finally play The Trials again!

thumbs up 4 op-ness

1 Like

I actually think my code is successful but the lag is ridiculous and I’m never able to run the whole level even on Microsoft Edge. On Edge I can get my code to run until the Third Trial when it freezes. On Chrome the level still cannot load.

# This level is intended to be for advanced players. The solution should be pretty complex with a lot of moving parts. It might also be a bit of a gear check unless you use "creative" methods.
# You need to make your way to the first trial (Oasis of Marr) defeating enemies along the way. When you reach it, pick all the mushrooms to trigger the trial to begin. If you survive the onslaught, make your way to the next Oasis for the second trial, then the Temple. When all trials are complete you will have to face the final boss. Good luck!
# HINT: Glasses with a high visual range help tremendously on this level so buy the best you can get.
# HINT: the unit 'type' for the oasis guardians is 'oasis-guardian'
while True:
    if hero.gold >= hero.costOf("soldier"):
        hero.summon("soldier")
    friends = hero.findFriends()
    for friend in friends:
        hero.command(friend, "defend", hero)
    item = hero.findNearestItem()
    if item:
        hero.move(item.pos)
    enemy = hero.findNearestEnemy()
    if enemy:
        if enemy.type == "oasis-guardian":
            if hero.isReady("bash"):
                hero.bash(enemy)
            else:
                hero.attack(enemy)
        else:
            hero.attack(enemy)

I have the Enameled Dragonplate and Enameled Dragonplate Helmet. My shield is Deflector and my sword is Sword of the Forgotten. I also have the Twilight Glasses, Polished Agate Sense Stone, Engraved Wristwatch, Boss Star III and the Ring of Earth. I do not think gear is an issue since I have managed to make it to the Third Trial with almost full health and like 25 soldiers defending me by the time it freezes.

Level tells me there is infinite loop but I do not see the infinite loop, it looks just fine. If there is anything wrong please tell me. It would really help.

Why do you attack twice?

I don’t attack each individual enemy twice. If the enemy I am attacking is an oasis guardian I check “bash” before I result to regular attacking because it has higher health; otherwise just attack because they have lower health.

Oh OK that makes more sense.

what is youre hero? @Hellenar and what things did you use to get the summon of soldiers?