Stillness in Motion - What Dwarves?

Hi, need some advice to get through this level …i’m supposed to stay in the center and kill 15 dwarves, but i can’t see them show up. When i’m having my hero stay in the center and wait for enemies come closer than 5 to attack, nothing will happen until time has passed and i will survive but without any dwarves killed. Only if i try getting out of the center and back quickly the munchkins move and kill me …guess i’m not supposed to kill them first …seems too hard !?

Help us help you. Screen shot and code please.

Are you playing this in a different language than English? The actual term CodeCombat uses is “Munchkins”, which are basically the blue ogres that come and attack you. The giants that move and kill you if you get too close are called “Headhunters”. You’re supposed to avoid them.

Thanks for your quick responses. I play in german / JavaScript. So to put it correctly, there are no Munchkins showing up when i play, there are only the 4 Headhunters which will move and kill me if i move out of the center once. If i just stay in the center with the following code, nothing happens:

loop {
    if(this.isReady("power-up")) {
             this.powerUp();
}
    var enemy = this.findNearestEnemy();
    if(enemy) {
            if(this.distanceTo(enemy) < 5 ) { 
                         this.attack(enemy);
                         this.bash(enemy);
            }
            else this.shield();
    } 
    else this.moveXY(40, 34);
}

Please read the FAQ and learn how to post your code with proper formatting.

Hm. Have you tried submitting the level to get a new seed?

Sounds like a weird bug. What’s your CodeCombat username? I’ll check it out.