The mighty 20 chars!

I want to ask the @staff, if they can remove this warning.Because when you write ok, or I see, or something small, it is very annoying to write (20 chars).

1 Like

I dont think they’ll remove it, because it prevents people from spamming. Also to not have to write 20 chars you can just click the heart and then delete the text inside, but it requires just as much effort

The twenty characters are there to keep people from spamming, same with the three consecutive post rule.

1 Like

I see.But still, people can spam easily even with these rules.So, like it’s not a big change.

1 Like

I think Chaboi said they don’t own discourse.

1 Like

yeah, they don’t, but there might be some settings inside the Discource system.

1 Like

Have you seen this topic?

or this? How To-Ignore Users
20chars writers are my favorite ignored users
if one can’t write a sentence longer than 20 letters, better shut up…
/As a side note, on this topic I see only you. All others are ignored, because they have more Off Topic than normal posts

8 Likes

Well, if you search “20 chars” on the Discourse, you will see that almost everyone used that at least one time (you used that too). (I don’t think you muted a half of the Discourse)
Sometimes, the main part of your message isn’t really big, it’s better to write “20 chars”, instead of writting text about nothing.

I’m sure that you have already muted me, but I hope you will see this message. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ok, you can close this topic if necessary.I got it.

1 Like

I’m afraid I have to disagree @PeterPalov.
Maybe everyone has done it at some point, but firstly: two wrongs don’t make a right (just because other people (including me) have written unnecessary messages in the past, does not mean you should), and secondly: it’s a lot more consistent in some topics.
For example:

This is actually 20 chars apparently, but it doesn’t matter. It’s this kind of topic and post which I don’t think should be a public topic. The discussion is all among a few people and half of the posts are just confirmations that they’ve read something or talking about where they are on the map.
This shouldn’t be a topic, it should be a PM. I do think it’s that simple. There seem to be a limited number of people who are interested, and the types of posts would be suited to a PM, especially with its 10 character limit, which is perfect for chatting.
I’m not at all saying we shouldn’t have these topics, but when you look at the fact that there are 785 posts in that topic, 90% of which are just organising where to meet and acting as a chat for the game, it does make you question whether it should be on the public CoCo forum for everyone to see.
Why don’t you make a PM for that, including all of the people on the topic. If they want to leave they can, and maybe we could have a topic like the Official Clan topic which advertises these different PMs, so people can join them?
What do you think?

3 Likes

I don’t think this is worth arguing over. It’s just there to prevent spam, and technically attempting to avoid that cap by adding random text is technically considered spam, however it’s not something to overreact about to this scale.

6 Likes