The mighty 20 chars!

I’m afraid I have to disagree @PeterPalov.
Maybe everyone has done it at some point, but firstly: two wrongs don’t make a right (just because other people (including me) have written unnecessary messages in the past, does not mean you should), and secondly: it’s a lot more consistent in some topics.
For example:

This is actually 20 chars apparently, but it doesn’t matter. It’s this kind of topic and post which I don’t think should be a public topic. The discussion is all among a few people and half of the posts are just confirmations that they’ve read something or talking about where they are on the map.
This shouldn’t be a topic, it should be a PM. I do think it’s that simple. There seem to be a limited number of people who are interested, and the types of posts would be suited to a PM, especially with its 10 character limit, which is perfect for chatting.
I’m not at all saying we shouldn’t have these topics, but when you look at the fact that there are 785 posts in that topic, 90% of which are just organising where to meet and acting as a chat for the game, it does make you question whether it should be on the public CoCo forum for everyone to see.
Why don’t you make a PM for that, including all of the people on the topic. If they want to leave they can, and maybe we could have a topic like the Official Clan topic which advertises these different PMs, so people can join them?
What do you think?

3 Likes