API in serpent savings?

In the level serpent savings, what do API’s mean? I mean, codecombat just suddenly brought up the topic. There are no previous levels explaining what it is.

API stands for Application Programming Interface, i.e. API is the way for an application to interact with certain system/application/library/etc. For example, there are API’s for OS (WinAPI), API’s for other applications (like databases) and for specific libraries (for example, image processing), etc.

Ok, sure but like how to use it?

Hmm…that’s a good question for here. In the past, the applications that my team wrote used WinAPI (and such) to access fields, or sections, displayed on the screen. We treated the API as a class module, and could therefore make calls to it and its embedded functions. With this method, we could identify every field within the parent application we were working on, allowing us to use our code to manipulate (populate, edit, delete, etc) any field, button, or clickable contained in the parent.

No idea (yet) how such would be used in CoCo. Were did you encounter this? I’m guessing it’s in the dev modules…I’ve not started those yet.