CodeQuest! For everyone who is going to enter!

How to change the language from JS to Python in The Battle of Red Cliffs?

2 Likes

Yes I second that question. I am guessing Javascript is “outlawed” in the tournament?

no i’ve seen people using it.

1 Like

How do you get your troops to attack the weakest enemy anyway?

2 Likes

You can write findWeakest() function.

3 Likes

@Deadpool198 @AnSeDra and others: I’m looking at this bug where you sometimes see default code (all archers) for enemies on the ladder. Can you share any more information? Do you see this all the time, or just sometimes? For red or blue or both? Against certain opponents and not others? Does refreshing sometimes, always, or never fix it?

@weary @2Flowers You can use JavaScript if you want. To change your code language, take a ladder URL, like this one:

https://codecombat.com/play/level/battle-of-red-cliffs?team=ogres&opponent=5f25a096f37fad002465b4d1

and add &codeLanguage=javascript or &codeLanguage=python to it:

https://codecombat.com/play/level/battle-of-red-cliffs?team=ogres&opponent=5f25a096f37fad002465b4d1&codeLanguage=python

Then rewrite your code in the new language and resubmit to the ladder.

6 Likes

It’s very inconsistent for me. Mostly it’s happened against AnSeDra, (on the moment on the blue side, but it’s happened on both), normally it fixes after one reload. However it also happened against cqfuzhengyuan (23, blue) and it only fixed after two reloads. I had thought it was only against people I lost to, but in both of these examples I won. I can’t really link anything between them further than that. But it doesn’t happen very often to me at the moment.

3 Likes

For me it happened against @Deadpool198 on both sides and after I refreshed, I saw that he had a different code. This also happened when I wanted to see why do I lose battles, but after one refresh (and one time two refreshes) I could see the oponent’s army, not the archers.

Andrei

2 Likes

Look, I don’t think that @AnSeDra has archers.

But when I refresh the page I see:

Sometimes it isn’t working. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

When’s the next stage coming out after Red Cliffs?

1 Like

Four bugs:

1. Not critical - sometimes I simulate matches with me and lose points :frowning: ! bu|690x204

2. Critical - in duels with cqlantianxiang my Thieves became dumb after first frame of round.
    I have custom tactic for them through setActionFor, but they use it only for first frame of round and then switches to just straightforward close battle like there is no setActionFor
    All other duels with other players are fine. game.log without any errors
    UPDATE: duel with cqchensibei is dumb too, but only for first two rounds with enemy wizards…
    I even tried to comment out all my Thieves tactic code except one line with “continue” in “while True” loop, but it didnt help to get it working past first frame.

3. Critical - in all duels - for the first frame of second/third round all units became dumb - they just go to enemy or shoot arrow if there is somebody in their range during first frame of round… from the second frame - they start acting with setActionFor instructions…

4. Strange bug… First round - thieves act first, then wizards act. Second and third round - wizards act first, then thives (so in 1st round wizards shoot arrows to predicted thieves pos, in other round wizards shoot arrows to thieves assuming they stay in place). May be it is related to “dumb” units first frame of 2nd and 3rd rounds I described above.

5 Likes

The “dumb” units thing also happen to my wizards in round 2 against some opponents.

Andrei

1 Like

From last ~150 duels I lost points because of bugs (match with myself, matches with cqlantianxiang where thieves became dumb after first frame)

4 Likes

Different bug, which seems related to previous ones:

• in duel with cqyangshunian in 2nd round my Thieves became dumb every other frame… so they act one frame as desired by setActionFor, next frame they are dumb rush toward nearest enemy, next frame again they are fine and smart, etc…
3 Likes

Same I only lost to cqlantianxiang and myself

1 Like

@Rush_iam Why can’t I fight you

1 Like

oh, wow… It appears that Hydrobolic stole my code! :grimacing:
It is my yesterday’s code with about 400 lines of custom tactics which I worked on for a whole week… Who can help me with that?

1 Like

idk, just click run and hope the random winner is you?

1 Like

Why when I encounter @SocialBlunder, the first round goes well, but in the other rounds my troops just go rouge and ignore all of my commands? Why is this “dumb” units thing happen?

Andrei

2 Likes

So, what’s happening in the quest now?

2 Likes