CodeQuest! For everyone who is going to enter!

Last week I fixed the bug with loading opponent archers. Will see if we can figure out what might be going on with custom unit tactics turning off.

@Rush_iam who? I don’t see a player named Hydrobolic on the ladder.

4 Likes

Hydrobolic was in top30 with my stolen code for a few days after I discovered that.
But last days he changed his code (and lang from Python to JS) and now out of top.
I don’t know whether he use stolen code now or not, but previously it was obvious, because of distinct tactic actions with vectors and trigonometry in my code.
I am really discouraged to compete knowing that my code can be stolen… And that weird bugs with tactics turning off here and there (stable first frame out in 2nd and 3rd rounds) which can’t be avoided is a bad experience :frowning:

2 Likes

When I’m fighting cqchensibei my thieves do the dumb thing. Only the first 0.1 second works. Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 8.04.15 PM

2 Likes

@Rush_iam I found the bug. If you have a loop around the set action, your code will be copied.

while True:
    game.setActionFor('knight', 'spawn', commandKnight)
    game.setActionFor('thief', 'spawn', commandThief)

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 10.47.13 AM

1 Like

I have a bug: two Penders die by 1 magic missile, also it wasn’t enemy-thief:

@Lydia_Song, what is it?

2 Likes

I don’t know lol, I haven’t played CodeQuest since 3 weeks ago.
Lydia

3 Likes

@PeterPalov, I can’t see your other wizard. Maybe it’s a tracking delay in the troop counter, rather than you actually having two wizards…
Danny

3 Likes

One wizard die and after that other wizard die by one MM.

2 Likes

guys omg i killed the guy who is in red (9th) \ blue (10th)
idk how i did it but i did it

3 Likes

ITS REAL that guys name is called katy

3 Likes

Can we get this topic to 200 likes? Pretty please?
Lydia

7 Likes

Well done for beating them, but it’s not fair to them to share it with everyone else.
Danny

5 Likes

Uhhh… Danny? You know we can still see it by pressing the orange pencil button with a 1 next to it right?

AKA: The show what has been edited button

1 Like

@Monsty I deleted the messages. Thanks for catching it :wink:

3 Likes

You’re welcome :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Yes. I would like to get rid of it, but unfortunately I can’t.
Thanks guys,
Danny

2 Likes

hey, Deadpool. I’ve registered to this tournament called battle of red cliffs, code quest 2020. And I could actually use your help in this part of the buffer and the warlock. How exactly do I make them cast a spell?
Thanks,
Ida

2 Likes

Hi @Ganaz2 Welcome to the Discourse :partying_face: :partying_face:
FYI: You can’t manually let them cast a spell as far as far as I know, they have a attack cool down, here are the stats for buffer and warlock.

Warlock Stats

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 8.38.46 PM

Buffer Stats

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 8.38.39 PM

Good Luck with the tournament :grinning:

1 Like

Hi @Ganaz2. I’ll try and help you in a PM. As it is a competition I don’t want to post too much here about code.
Danny

@Ganaz2 Welcome to the forum! :partying_face: :partying_face:
Lydia

1 Like