Copying others code

There is some code for a robobomb that I would like to copy somebodys code and then make it more effective. I want to know if this is acceptable or not within codecombat. I will make sure to chage it and all but would like to make sure that I am not violating any rules.

It depends weather you completely change the structure like what goes first, 2nd, and ect. I would say don’t do it.

3 Likes

Its just an idea that I like the look of its only a small part of the code

1 Like

it is not allowed

Still you are copying code and that won’t help you learn which is the purpose of CodeCombat

2 Likes

Right, got it. That brings up another queston, why have the veiw thing at all?

2 Likes

So you might look at peoples code to get ideas I did that to pass Kelvintaph Defiler so seeing code is allowed and writing it differently is allowed copying code is not allowed.

3 Likes

I might of missphrased then, I want to copy the idea not the code

2 Likes

What do you mean “copy the idea”.

2 Likes

Somebody has a cool code with nicely positioned arrays, I want to use something similar to that

1 Like

So you can’t copy a idea it is an idea that you could have without looking at someones code. So I think having the same Idea is fine.

1 Like

I completely get it if its not ok, but I thought it was a cool idea and wanted to improve on it because it clearly was not the best it could be

1 Like

so you copy someones code and you tweak it just a little bit. It depends if it works or not if you get the same result you should remake the code if it works search for other options to win since you did kind of cheat.

1 Like

I am covinced I would get a completely different result, I can pm you my thought process if you would like.

2 Likes

There isn’t really a process unless if you use something like if hero.time >= ___ but if you want to know it okay.

1 Like

Can I have some assistance? I’m new and I’m stuck on a level so talk VERY basic with me please

What is this level @Babygirl_77

1 Like

No according to the rules copying others code of any kind is not allowed. We want you to be able to learn from the game rather than just figuring out the code to Level up

2 Likes

Can I have help with this level?

1 Like

What level @Babygirl_77 ?

1 Like