Dungeon Arena: Failed to Rank

Hello,

I started to play Code Combat recently, and for the past 3 days I can’t rank my game anymore in the Dungeon Arena ; clicking on the “Rank my Game!” button changes its caption to “Submitting…”, and then to “Failed to Rank”.

This error manifests on my Chromium and Firefox web navigators, and clearing both of their caches didn’t solve the issue.

Best regards,
jb b

What’s your CodeCombat username? I’ll check it out. Also, can you let me know if you are able to submit something (anything) to another leaderboard, such as Greed?

My CodeCombat username is Sir Coward. I haven’t played in another leaderboard yet.

Here’s the output console error:

And here’s part of the queue/scoring POST request (waaay too long to copy paste the full thing) :

[{“message”:“invalid type: null (expected string)”,“code”:0,“dataPath”:"/matches/0/opponents/0/name",“schemaPath”:"/properties/matches/items/properties/opponents/items/properties/name/type",“subErrors”:null,“stack”:“Error: invalid type: null (expected string)\n  at new ValidationError (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:1188:12)\n  at ValidatorContext.createError (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:176:9)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateType (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:559:14)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateBasic (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:529:19)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:410:19)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObjectProperties (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:786:21)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObject (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:737:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:414:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateArrayItems (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:723:21)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateArray (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:656:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:413:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObjectProperties (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:786:21)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObject (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:737:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:414:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateArrayItems (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:723:21)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateArray (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:656:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:413:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObjectProperties (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:786:21)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateObject (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:737:11)\n  at ValidatorContext.validateAll (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:414:11)\n  at Object.api.validateMultiple (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/tv4/tv4.js:1308:12)\n  at LevelSessionHandler.module.exports.Handler.validateDocumentInput (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/server/commons/Handler.coffee:364:15)\n  at LevelSessionHandler.module.exports.Handler.saveChangesToDocument (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/server/commons/Handler.coffee:404:19)\n  at /home/ubuntu/codecombat/server/commons/Handler.coffee:248:10\n  at LevelSessionHandler.module.exports.Handler.doWaterfallChecks (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/server/commons/Handler.coffee:380:12)\n
[…]
/LevelSession.coffee:19:3)\n  at model._next (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/mongoose/node_modules/hooks/hooks.js:50:30)\n  at model.proto.(anonymous function) [as init] (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/mongoose/node_modules/hooks/hooks.js:96:20)\n  at completeOne (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/mongoose/lib/query.js:1392:10)\n  at Object.cb (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/mongoose/lib/query.js:1151:11)\n  at Object. (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/mongoose/node_modules/mquery/lib/utils.js:137:16)\n  at Object._onImmediate (/home/ubuntu/codecombat/node_modules/newrelic/node_modules/continuation-local-storage/node_modules/async-listener/glue.js:177:31)\n  at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:330:15)\n”}]

I think we’ve gotten this one fixed now; can you take another look and let me know if it’s still a problem? Thanks for your patience!

I was also having this problem the last few days, only in dungeon arena.

It was still broken a minute ago, but fixed when changing to another browser.

Same issue for me! (boxbuilder) I tried with different browsers and different connections. But I always got the same message: - Error saving level session: 422 Unprocessable entity.-

It’s weird… Til a few days ago it was working fine.

Any advice? Any help?

Think I’ve found the problem @boxbuilder–an opponent session didn’t have its submittedCodeLanguage set properly. I’ll deploy the fix soon.

Thank u @nick , if there is anything I can do… But I’m quite a noob :smile:

It should be working now–do you see the problem still?

all right now! It’s working fine. Thanks again!