Infinite Inferno arena issues

Hello and welcome to codecombat discourse, @Finley! This is a cozy forum where you can share ideas, share fan art, get assistance for code, etc! Before you proceed, we hope that you review this topic, which shows all essentials of this board! Thanks!

you must battle yourself first for some reason I think before you can battle others.

I don’t know if you are using this exact code in level, but if you are, you can’t do champion.findNearestFriends(). I has to be either champion.findFriends() or champion.findNearest(champion.findFriends())

Thanks for catching that. I had a typo, I meant champion.findNearestFriend(kind)

So does your code work now?
Or was it just a typo here on the forum?

I have tried to do enemy.type, but it couldn’t find type “headhunter”
later I tried enemy.health, but It still said it couldn’t find enemy.type
Is this bugged?

The typo with the extra ‘s’ was just with my forum post, not my code.

Hello, everyone! We just pushed an update to Infinite Inferno which includes some changes to the layout of the level and unit balancing.

Unless we find some bugs or we find a strategy which is drastically unbalanced, we’re thinking this will be the final update for the tournament.

I salute you, Gladiators!

3 Likes

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

Hehe, he doesn’t look like he needs to be welcomed.
but welcome anyway.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome.

2 Likes

Hi Bobby, thanks for the update.

May I know if this change you’re announcing is the one from a few days ago that added the extra towers to the middle lane, or is it something more recent?

I’d like to know if the bug I pointed out in my post from Apr 12 has been addressed as part of it, and if not if there are any plans for that. It’s very similar to one of the bugs that I had previously raised and which Bryukh fixed.

It’s not the same as the one from a few days ago, but I’m not sure if it addresses your issue. I’ll try to find out for you.

um @Shininglice how do you make your "naria"s shoot fireballs?

ive seen this tactic used alot and ypu are first soo i thought you would know

That’s the champion.special method.

oh also how do you make it so that you only get 1 type of champion cuz i tried doing ranger only but got some sorcerers

Could you show your function for summoning champions?

1 Like

I aim to fix the problems with spectate mode soon. In the meantime, it will work better if you manually select the two matches to spectate (click the “eye” column to make two eyes show up for the players you want to see, then hit the spectate button).

2 Likes

champion.special(target)

how do you get your champions to move and attack the enemy teem

1 Like

Inside the onGuard function (which is in the starting code), you have to write something like:

enemy = champion.findNearestEnemy()
if enemy:
    champion.attack(enemy)
else:
    champion.moveXY(33, 45)

Obviously that’s just an example, but those are the functions you’d use. If you read the hints and look at your methods bar, you can also find out how to specifically target the enemy’s heroes, towers and base.