Lava Lake Clash Bugs and Feedback

But we don’t know winners yet.

2 Likes

Yeah but last time I got this message:

1 Like

By the way, the slowing bug after dash still appears.
Link to the match:

The bug starts on around 26 second.

1 Like

yeah! On the tundra tower cup, I also recieved a message like this 6-7 days before the competition ended.

1 Like

Any way to disable the 200 line log limit?

Why is item.pos a protected variable? Is there any other way to get the position as a vector?

JS:

const pos = obj => (new Vector(obj.x, obj.y, obj.z)); // remove obj.z if it says it's protected

Python:

def pos(obj):
    return Vector(obj.x, obj.y)

I think
And you could also just use the exact same method you used for hero pos ig

1 Like

The bug is that the player’s speed doesn’t reset back to 8 after a few seconds. Look at this match: https://codecombat.com/play/spectate/lava-lake?session-one=638c49db2b801c001ff8c299&session-two=638a9435e5395c0021d86413

What is the jump distance/speed?

Any way to get rid of this or why it happens?

Green and blue energy orbs are not clickable so you cant see their ids (only orange ones are)

Another bug:

codecombat python sorting isnt sorting the list of items properly

I tried using some graph algorithms but they all give such errors. It appears because there is a limit of operations in Codecombat I guess.

2 Likes

Is the limit based on the number of operations total or is it the time per frame?

Pretty sure it’s the number of operations, but better ask Bryukh.

1 Like

Will there be a countdown for the deadline?

pretty sure time per frame results in the infinite loop error message

Anybody knows why this is happening?

The bug is that the player’s speed doesn’t reset back to 8 after a few seconds. Look at this match: https://codecombat.com/play/spectate/lava-lake?session-one=638c49db2b801c001ff8c299&session-two=638a9435e5395c0021d86413

@Bryukh @nick This bug is still there, and it seems to result in long-term change in speed for players, which could be both speeding up or slowing down (to 2 2/3 m/s). It could be that when two separate speed-changing mechanisms happen to a player, the mechanism for reverting the speed to 8 m/s doesn’t work right due to the overlaps?

Since it’s pretty close to the deadline, should we expect that this probably won’t be fixed?

@Bryukh has been sick, but I just took a look at this–turns out the fix was made in Magma Mountain but not saved in Lava Lake. I just added that, so as caching clears, you should see the fix.

3 Likes

What’s some code / a match that will reproduce this?