No Option To Stay Signed In

I’m not sure if there is some logic or rational given CodeCombat’s usage in different environments, but as someone who uses it on his/her personal computer, having a checkbox to stay signed in would be a basic QOL feature.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think CodeCombat doesnt not have that, however, most of the browsers do, so you can use that feature.

I’m always signed in. The last time I had to enter my login information was when I first signed up.
Like Peter said, I think there was an option in google that I selected to stay signed in.

1 Like

I think I fixed it so it’s working for me. I still wouldn’t mind a check box, but I’m on an updated Chrome browser and it appears to be all good now.

1 Like

Also, in case anyone has any insight on this… Sites such as Reddit truly stay signed in. For example, I could restart or turn off my computer, open a Chrome window, open Reddit, and without having to click login, I’m already logged in. With CodeCombat, I must manually click on login and then login again to confirm it. Even if I don’t have to type my username or password, this just unnecessary for personal use.

1 Like

Is that not what happens with Codecombat for you? Whenever I open the site, even if I closed all my tabs or restarted, it still remains logged in.

2 Likes

I have the same issue as CodeOP.
It might be a privacy setting in my browser in which it deletes cookies on closing?
I’ll check now

EDIT: Nope, not the problem
I don’t know then :man_shrugging:

1 Like