Palisades - do they need to face enemies and other questions

1. Orientation of palisades - do they need to face enemies and how to rotate them if needed if the builder is the hero or a peasant?
  2. How they inflict damage? Will enemies rush over them and die or they are mere obstacles?
  3. Will they harm my hero or minions when bumping into ( and from which side) if I have built them?
3 Likes

They are obstacles that can be attacked and broken.

Correction to the first post: palisades cannot be built by hero , no such hammer exists
to @SuperSmacker they aren’t only obstacles, a single palisade killed 3 munchkins and suffered about 100 damage in Rational Defense. A palisade can stop an ogre for 16s. So the questions remain.
/ I substituted ‘fire-trap’ with 'palisade ’ to confront the ogres for testing purposes./

2 Likes

Actually, the palisade does not deal damage. Test it out. Make a new level and put a munchkin next to a palisade. Let the munchkin attack the palisade. It does no damage.

It’s probably because the referee in Rational Defense altered the palisade’s properties.

1 Like

I’m a noob in game development, playing almost in a free account and rarely entering into my son subscriber account without submitting the level even finished. In game development the reward for completing a level is a joke, you can get a ton of gems and experience in the glacier for much easier level. That can alienate a child from web and game dev and my son has no desire to do them for now, so I focus on levels I can help him.

1 Like

Game Dev? You mean the 2 campaigns? Those are absolutely worthless. (No offense)

The Glacier is way harder than Game Dev.

The real Game Dev is in codecombat.com/editor/level (no subscription needed), and you can press create new level button, add the palisade thang, add the munchkin, and watch the munchkin not die.