Rewards in game

This is kind of a question for everybody who does not have premium. Are you annoyed that some levels give you items/heroes, but you have to buy premium to use them?

I propose a change in the premium system: Premium still gives you access to extra levels and the ability to buy heroes and other premium exclusive items. HOWEVER if you earn one of said premium items in a level reward, you can use them.

My concern is that people like me who can’t afford premium won’t be able to use all of their level rewards.

If you want these changes made, please let me and the Code Combat developers know!

Hi @GamerKnight, I appreciate that people who cannot afford premium would like to have extra items. This has come up before, and I’m afraid I still hold my view:
CodeCombat is a great free game, in fact it’s uncommon for a free game to be so good at helping people to code.
What I’m trying to say here is that CodeCombat needs people to buy the premium subscription to keep it free for everyone else. If the attraction of Premium is taken away, then less people will buy it, meaning CodeCombat makes less money. People won’t want to spend £80 on something not much more exiting than the original.
Also I know some people really can’t afford it, but I think a lot of people just don’t want to spend the money, and would rather get something else. For example, you could get it as a Christmas or Birthday present. (again, I know this doesn’t apply to everyone)
I’m just saying that without premium subscribers, CodeCombat probably wouldn’t be free for everyone else, so we should try hard to get more of them.
Kind regards,
Danny
:lion: :lion: :lion:
P.S. did you solve the Library Tactician level?

3 Likes

Hi @GamerKnight,
There are some “Freemium” levels in the game that rewards both free items and premium items. All of those rewards are pets, and pets are intended to be premium exclusive. We apologize for the confusion caused by the freemium system, and we hope you still continue to play the game.

1 Like

I see what you are saying. However, I have “earned” the three heroes you get for buying premium.

Also, I plan to continue playing the game, Thanks!

I see your point, and I agree mostly with it. However, it seems you missed one of the points I made. If a level was to give an item as a reward, you could use it. But if you want to purchase a pet or class from the shop you have to have premium.

Also, I’m still having problems with Library Tactician. Now it is saying that I have slow code.

Yes, good point. It seems strange to pretend to let you unlock them, when actually, when you get premium, they all unlock anyway. Although saying that, I think this is meant for monthly subscribers. Meaning when they unlock a premium hero in a freemium level, they get to use them and keep them afterwards, if you see my point.
:lion: :lion: :lion:

I do see it, but in the hero selection, it says that you get the first three, the only ones in freemium levels, when you subscribe. Also, pets would be good to use if you get them.

It’s probably a way of persuading free players to purchase a subscription.

Ah. It’s probably to persuade users to buy a subscription. I don’t think it unlocks it because it’s already unlocked before you finish the level. Confusing, right?